What oil do you put in your vehicle?

i got a 95' towncar with over 230k miles on it , i use castrol high mileage 10w40 and 1 quart of lucas oil stabilizer every oil change . im not sayin its the best cus idk but a good friend of mine is a really good mechanic and thats what he recommended if i couldnt afford the royal purple which is "supposed" to be the best , but if it gets the job done then i suppose any will do as long as its the right weight.

i also think royal purple is the best the only thing is expensive

cowboys_logo.gif

mobil 1 with 1 quart substituted with lucas synthetic oil stabilizer. and I use K&N or Bosch filters

i speak from exp.i work part time at a local repair shop and we do a ton of oil changes to taxi cabs and all we do is use a api aproved oil its more important to do it on time thna a brand as long as its approved. dont get me wrong if you have the money and prefer the label go ahead all im saying is on a budget u can use any quality oil

Yeah, I believe it but for me its piece of mind too. I Just feel better about using "high quality" stuff. It gets a little pricey.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

My TB is recommended for 5w-30 but I've heard some pros say to go with 10w-40 because my truck has almost 115k miles on it.

What is the difference in the oil types besides the thickness?

My TB is recommended for 5w-30 but I've heard some pros say to go with 10w-40 because my truck has almost 115k miles on it.

What is the difference in the oil types besides the thickness?

i could be wrong but i beleave its all in the thickness when going from a 5w30 to a 10w30 exc. there is so many different ones available to choose from on the market. in my supercharged mustang i use a 20 w 50 only in the summer time and thats because i run the car hard and want the extra thick oil but there is a down side that i can be putting extra toll on my oil pump i guess you can use pretty much what ever you want but is it required? if your looking for any everday oil 10w40 is okay in the summer but in the winter i would use 10w30 this aids cold starts

I got my oil changed this morning and I realized there is soo meny choices. I am the type of person who likes to keep everything the same brand. If Rockford Fosgate made motor oil, that's what you would find in my truck. Then agian I do perfer quality over quantity.

Archived