Second Skin Audio

Hifonics System?

So a friend of mine has the idea in his head that he wants to go with Hifonics as his Sub/Amp company because there "cheap and decent" Well Im not gonna argue with him unless they fry on him :rofl:

So he was thinking about doing (6) 12" HFI12D4 subs on a HFI2500 with the subs in a sealed box ..

So that amp does like 80% rated power, correct? So we should get 2000rms from that amp, and we would be running it at 1.3ohms if the subs are in Series/Parallel so we should be seeing more around like 1700rms give or take a bit.

Does anyone think this would be a bad idea? basically he wants a cheap system that could get loud, but he wants to be able to say "I have (6) 12s in the trunk" :lol:

He has the room for the sealed box, he has 40" x 40" x 16" height

Any responses are appreciated, basically just wondering how loud this setup would get?

yeah its not the best equiptment but its what he really wants to do and its in his budget range

Edited by Saturn

(4) Quantum Audio 1" Tweeters

(2) RF P1 6.5" Speakers

(2) Orion Cobalt 12" CO124s

Audiopipe APSM-4050 (Component Amp)

Audiopipe APSM-1300 (Subs Amp)

eh

why not get 2 good 12s? instead of 6 low end 12s?

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

Well because he is one of the guys that thinks "More subs = More Bass" or "subs are loud because of there size"

He is just stuck on the idea that having 6 12" subs would be louder than any other ideas ive thrown his way

Like my next build is gonna be (3) 10" DC level 3 on 2k and he thinks that it wont be loud at all because they are 10" subs.

I frankly want to be able to rub it in his face that my system will be way louder if my enclosure is built properly for those level 3s.

Just wanted your guys opinions about Hifonics in general, and how loud that hifonics system could possibly get?

Edited by Saturn

(2) RF P1 6.5" Speakers

tell him to buy that equipment if he's that hard headed and then show him up with your system. simple as that.

Yea i had that in mind, glad we thought alike :yahoo:

Edited by Saturn

(2) RF P1 6.5" Speakers

If he is stuck on hifonics, atleast have him get the brz line. The HFI line is garbage.

Ill have him look into it. Thanks alot i didnt consider it even

I just wanted some opinions, i know some people have done like 8 of those subs and had success, just wondering overall what people thought because they are very low end

Edited by Saturn

(2) RF P1 6.5" Speakers

damn kids and their stubborn ignorance.

he will learn someday.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.