Sundown Audio

1 sub and 2 amps??? help plz

i am kinda new to car audio being 17 and mostly owning stuff like kicker memphis jl and other junk i am just now getting to the good stuff sd re fi etc.. i am currently running 1 18 re mt soft parts mach 5 spl motor standard 12 spoke basket..

my thing is i am running a soundstream dtr1.2200d amp on it and i love this amp but i want more from the sub and was thinking about ordering another but i have no clue on wiring this im still new to the strapping and all that of amps. the sub is dvc 1 ohms each and my amp is only rated to run 1 ohm... any tips on how to get the amps to run this one sub with out blowing the system into pieces because i do not have money to waste and find out lol. any help is amazing thanks

i am kinda new to car audio being 17 and mostly owning stuff like kicker memphis jl and other junk i am just now getting to the good stuff sd re fi etc.. i am currently running 1 18 re mt soft parts mach 5 spl motor standard 12 spoke basket..

my thing is i am running a soundstream dtr1.2200d amp on it and i love this amp but i want more from the sub and was thinking about ordering another but i have no clue on wiring this im still new to the strapping and all that of amps. the sub is dvc 1 ohms each and my amp is only rated to run 1 ohm... any tips on how to get the amps to run this one sub with out blowing the system into pieces because i do not have money to waste and find out lol. any help is amazing thanks

jl amps are good....kicker amps are beast....... memphis amps are beast.... what makes them junk ?

if the amps are strappable, you strap them together, or run the them into each coil. .. assuming this is order cuss you gotta match the amps gains exactly the same. .

so having a master and slave is the way to go.

Edit: once you now do your own research an check if you can link two of those amps together. now, what you'll do is research "how to link/strap/daisy chain two amps together" goodluck...

if you can't... then amp to each coil.

Edited by __d_a_v_i_d__

opps that came out wrong none of those are junk but i mean comparing to re to me they dont compare i still love them i have memphis logos still on my jeep..

but how do i go about finding out if they are strapable and if so what do i do to have a master and slave?

Or if you look on the amp, look by the RCA inputs and see if there is an input for master/slave.

Some amps won't have that though like sundown. You'd have to know theyre strappable, unlike aq and others where theres a switch and a spot for the master/slave rca.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

sorry,not strappable, it only as 1 line in RCA's. not even a output RCA so even less for it to have master./slave input. and soundstream website doesn't say. so you can email them to confirm it..

and it's only has 4g Max wire input. i kinda doubt it does 2200 rms...

and for your comment, i think kicker/memphis amps are better than RE amps. re's highest being only 2400. memphis i think is 4k, and kicker is 10k.

sorry,not strappable, it only as 1 line in RCA's. not even a output RCA so even less for it to have master./slave input. and soundstream website doesn't say. so you can email them to confirm it..

and it's only has 4g Max wire input. i kinda doubt it does 2200 rms...

and for your comment, i think kicker/memphis amps are better than RE amps. re's highest being only 2400. memphis i think is 4k, and kicker is 10k.

^ i doubt it is also but imma clamp it to see what im really getting and the site says 4ga the manual says 2 ga at least but it took knu concepts 1/0 without any real problems and i deff agree on rf and kicker amps being better but i upgrades my l7s 15s to this one 18 and both being custom boxes from same shop the 18 really out performs... but as far as the one amp per coil??? good/bad idea