Sonic Electronix

im gonna be upgrading my alpine amp to an audioque 2200d running 2 type r's at 2 ohms, will be upgrading to 0awg and will be buying a Kinetik HC2400. will that be enough to power this amp or will i also have to do the big 3. car has 120 amp alt. in it stock and i dont wanna get a new one. also, where is the best place to buy 0awg wire?

definitely upgrade to 0awg for the amp, if you were trying to feed that thing through a 4awg tube it would be considered anorexic

the battery sounds about right for the setup too. the alternator might not be enough to stop voltage drop from happening, but it's pretty beefy so it will probably do.

as far as the big 3 goes, it is extremely important to do for a setup of this caliber. the stock ground and power wires in that car are 8awg if you're lucky. without the big 3, your amp is using 0awg to draw power and your car is trying to supply it power through 8awg wire.

in other words, do the big 3. it's important.

for buying 0awg wire, see if any local best buys are hiring, you can get 200 feet of 0awg kicker wire brand new for $160 through one of the employee accommodations. that's less than $1 per foot!

otherwise try amazon.com or ebay. stinger has decent wire for about $3/foot.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Lol sick tip on the discount! I was thinking of applying to one near me already.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm