Interested in Competing / Nor Cal

Guest Wood

226.19 is the sq in is the area of your woofers. If you can run 2 fuses of 35 amps you would be golden for M2.

why run two fuses? i only have one amp. if i have a 100 amp under the hood then a 70 right next to the amp would i be okay?

or can i take the one out under my hood and only run the 70.

and thanks jg for the mic placement. they use a termlab right? and is the pass or driver placement up to me?

gonna try to make the shows at the end of this month in fresno.

Yea u choose which side and yea it's the termlab

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

We will only count the one right next to the amp.

awesome. thanks a bunch

Will you be attending db drag the following day the 27th...wouldlike to see your setup.dig blowthroughs as I run one As well

and yeah if i can find a cheap hotel my gf and i will be in fresno for the weekend to attend both shows. and really its not much to look at, i did a pretty ghetto job, but your more then welcome to take a look and listen. haha.

226.19 is the sq in is the area of your woofers. If you can run 2 fuses of 35 amps you would be golden for M2.

why run two fuses? i only have one amp. if i have a 100 amp under the hood then a 70 right next to the amp would i be okay?

and thanks jg for the mic placement. they use a termlab right? and is the pass or driver placement up to me?

cool, ill see which way is louder than.

i really appreciate all the quick replies everyone.

and just to be sure a 70 amp would put me in M2 correct. just wanna make sure thats right before i go buy some stuff and set it up.

awesome. thanks a bunch

Will you be attending db drag the following day the 27th...wouldlike to see your setup.dig blowthroughs as I run one As well

and yeah if i can find a cheap hotel my gf and i will be in fresno for the weekend to attend both shows. and really its not much to look at, i did a pretty ghetto job, but your more then welcome to take a look and listen. haha.

and just to be sure a 70 amp would put me in M2 correct. just wanna make sure thats right before i go buy some stuff and set it up.

Yea I think they only make mini anl 70s

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

awesome. thanks a bunch

Yea I think they only make mini anl 70s

i found em in all different styles on 1800 woofers.

another question though real quick, i have sound deadener on my doors and on the floor, as well as some expanding foam in my pillars right behind my doors. this move me up in classes? as i read...

"1. No modifications in front of the B-pillars, except for the limited modifications outlined in A.2 through A.13.

2.a. For M1, M2, and M3: only rubberized/asphalt type sound deadening material is allowed to be used in front the B-pillars,

2 layers maximum in any area.

2.b. For M4 and M5: only rubberized asphalt type sound deadening material is allowed to be used on the floor in front of the

B-pillars, 2 layers maximum in any area.

3.a. For M1, M2, asd M3: spray foam, resins, duct tape, or any similar materials used to increase sound pressure score are

prohibited in front of the B-pillars.

3.b. For M4 and M5: spray foam, resins, duct tape, or any similar materials used to increase sound pressure score are permitted throughout the vehicle as long as they do not violate any other rules"

technically these are my "b pillars" and the rule states anything in front of the b pillars.

and why is m4 and m5 NOT allowed to have as much rubberized/asphalt type deadener. i dont wanna set my power up for M2 and get put in m4 cuz of some expanding foam... lol if this is the case ill just get MORE POWER and run in m4 i guess...

B-PIllar foward refers to no-modifications to the cabin area. Now, for deadner there is no limit (as far as I know) to the amount you use as long as all the oem panels and carpets is in place and in contact.

two fuses give you more surface area...more heat transfer

Fuses can heat up and pop pretty quick. It spreads the heat out over 2 fuses and helps with that

Team Flex Issues

Why 2 fuses because you can't get them in 70 amp. 2 x 35 =70

Edited by Soapbox

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Glad to see your thinking about making the trip. MECA is definately growing in the US and here in Cali it is VERY much so growing. I will let the "pros" chime in on the particulars but remember a couple of things about MECA. #1 We simulate music on a daily basis...hence our mic placement. #2 do the most with the least (fusing) is the general credo.

Lastly, come and have a kickass time!

He skooled you soapbox. LOL It happens to be all the time.

<-- :noob:

Also the fuses HAVE TO have the amp size stamped/encraved into the metal and not jst written on the plastic.

Edited by ACKAWILY

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos