iKidwell Posted March 17, 2011 Report Posted March 17, 2011 i bought my step bro a sdc2.5 15 for xmas this year, the suspension on that thing was STIFFFFFFFF, like punkrok said. About the "hollow" sound..it's the same kind of sound that DD's make..i personally like it for higher (40-50hz). I've never found anything i like about any p3 i've ever seen. I'd take the aq all day over the rf c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
mlstrass Posted March 17, 2011 Report Posted March 17, 2011 hollow sound that some call it is more of a NOT bottom heavy sound. they aren't boomy and don't over emphasize the bottom end like a lot of subs. they do have a lot of punch in the 40+Hz range, but will play low also. My old wall did a 51+ @ 29Hz playing music, so they can get low, but again they are not bottom heavy/boomy. Pricing is based upon the owner's desire to operate on very slim profit margins and offer the most he can for the $$$. I run SDC's in my daily driver and HDC's in my comp vehicle. Sundown 1500D in the daily and AQ3500's in the van. There is NO best, but AQ offers a lot of performance for your dollar. If wanting to emphasize the lows I'd go on the bigger side of recommended box specs and tune around 35Hz. I've built a LOT of DD/AQ enclosures....
mlstrass Posted March 17, 2011 Report Posted March 17, 2011 I'll try to get some in person tests then somehow. Aren't the new lines of RF's Power series subs paper cone? Just make sure the set up you hear is in the right enclosure and set up properly to get a fair idea of how they sound. I heard a BL a few years ago and it was THE worst sub I've ever heard by far. If that was my first exposure to FI I would have run the other way, but I run a Q in the wife's car and have built enclosures for all of their subs, so I know how they sound and what they can do...
Dylank811 Posted March 18, 2011 Author Report Posted March 18, 2011 aq1200 ftw Yes! i bought my step bro a sdc2.5 15 for xmas this year, the suspension on that thing was STIFFFFFFFF, like punkrok said. About the "hollow" sound..it's the same kind of sound that DD's make..i personally like it for higher (40-50hz). I've never found anything i like about any p3 i've ever seen. I'd take the aq all day over the rf Alright, thanks I'm feelin AQ! hollow sound that some call it is more of a NOT bottom heavy sound. they aren't boomy and don't over emphasize the bottom end like a lot of subs. they do have a lot of punch in the 40+Hz range, but will play low also. My old wall did a 51+ @ 29Hz playing music, so they can get low, but again they are not bottom heavy/boomy. Pricing is based upon the owner's desire to operate on very slim profit margins and offer the most he can for the $$$. I run SDC's in my daily driver and HDC's in my comp vehicle. Sundown 1500D in the daily and AQ3500's in the van. There is NO best, but AQ offers a lot of performance for your dollar. If wanting to emphasize the lows I'd go on the bigger side of recommended box specs and tune around 35Hz. I've built a LOT of DD/AQ enclosures.... What about two cubic feet per sub (10") vented? I don't remember the exact specs, I have an EQ line on the first page of my build that shows how I built it. It should perform the same all the way down between 20-21 hz. I'll try to get some in person tests then somehow. Aren't the new lines of RF's Power series subs paper cone? Just make sure the set up you hear is in the right enclosure and set up properly to get a fair idea of how they sound. I heard a BL a few years ago and it was THE worst sub I've ever heard by far. If that was my first exposure to FI I would have run the other way, but I run a Q in the wife's car and have built enclosures for all of their subs, so I know how they sound and what they can do... Okay, not sure what I'll find around here though...the "coolest" system in the parking lot at school, besides mine, is some dude with three crappy 12's in a box not even as big as mine for two 10's. Sounds like doodoo. I haven't seen any pro guys around here. 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
mlstrass Posted March 18, 2011 Report Posted March 18, 2011 Not many car audio subs are going to be happy playing down to 21Hz...
Dylank811 Posted March 18, 2011 Author Report Posted March 18, 2011 Not many car audio subs are going to be happy playing down to 21Hz... My P1's take it like champs XD 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
mlstrass Posted March 20, 2011 Report Posted March 20, 2011 Not many car audio subs are going to be happy playing down to 21Hz... My P1's take it like champs XD I'm not talking 400watts on a couple of 10's. I'm talking guys with a LOT of power as playing that low will blow off dust caps and tear up spiders. Have a guy on my team who does that all the time, price he pays for being a low end monster...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.