Dylank811 Posted March 16, 2011 Report Posted March 16, 2011 In a previous thread I made someone recommended Audioque to me. I've checked their stuff out before and they look pretty legit. I can get RF P3's for about the same price as their SD 2.5's, so how do these compare? I've never had an opportunity to hear Audioque's equipment in person, so I only have an idea of their performance from the specs. Does anyone have the street duty series? Are their amps comparable, too? 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
Dan2427 Posted March 16, 2011 Report Posted March 16, 2011 I have an audioque amp and I love it. I've ran it .5ohm since I bought it never had an issue! Havent played with the subs but I might do a wall in my jeep with 4 15s and I plan on using AQ HD series 2003 GMC Yukon Denali Alpine CDA 117 Redoing Mids/Highs 4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2- 4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt. AQ20K 2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!
Dylank811 Posted March 16, 2011 Author Report Posted March 16, 2011 I have an audioque amp and I love it. I've ran it .5ohm since I bought it never had an issue! Havent played with the subs but I might do a wall in my jeep with 4 15s and I plan on using AQ HD series Good to hear about the amp. I'll probably throw in a AQ1200D amp with mine. Should be just right for the subs. I can't figure out why they're so affordable though. 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
Dan2427 Posted March 16, 2011 Report Posted March 16, 2011 Yea I know thats why I went with the amp cuz 4000+ watts for 749 shipped was perfect for what I could afford I do want to add one more amp soon 2003 GMC Yukon Denali Alpine CDA 117 Redoing Mids/Highs 4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2- 4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt. AQ20K 2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!
Dylank811 Posted March 16, 2011 Author Report Posted March 16, 2011 Yea I know thats why I went with the amp cuz 4000+ watts for 749 shipped was perfect for what I could afford I do want to add one more amp soon I wish I would have researched them before I got all the RF audio I have. I'm very happy with RF's stuff, but AQ seems much more affordable. I could have got more bang for my buck. 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
kr15 Posted March 16, 2011 Report Posted March 16, 2011 I would say that the sdc will be much louder then the p3 in the right enclosure...that said, they do leave something to be desired when it comes to sq (as does the p3 in my opinion) the sdc will also like a mid 30s tuning, say 35-36. Its not something you want to tune at 28-30..There amps are great, especially in a $per watt comparison...In a direct comparison between sdc and p3, I would run the sdc Team Flex Issues Low tuning > God 2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP
Dylank811 Posted March 16, 2011 Author Report Posted March 16, 2011 I would say that the sdc will be much louder then the p3 in the right enclosure...that said, they do leave something to be desired when it comes to sq (as does the p3 in my opinion) the sdc will also like a mid 30s tuning, say 35-36. Its not something you want to tune at 28-30..There amps are great, especially in a $per watt comparison...In a direct comparison between sdc and p3, I would run the sdc I don't know what kind of box the SDC's like because I haven't put them in my program thing yet. The box I have now I tuned so it would have a perfectly flat curve all the way down to about 20.5 to 21 hz. It's about 2 cubic feet per sub, separate chambers. Would the AQ subs hate the box? 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
IH8PunkRok Posted March 16, 2011 Report Posted March 16, 2011 personally i hate AQ subs. they have such ungodly stiff suspensions (more hdc3 than sdc but its still there) that they will reach thermal limits before mechanical. most ive heard arent able to reproduce lows and sound kinda hollow. but that is my experience. Sanitarium on here has AQ subs and can play 10hz like a monster all in the install i guess. but id take the AQ over the P3, i dislike the plastic cones -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
Dylank811 Posted March 16, 2011 Author Report Posted March 16, 2011 personally i hate AQ subs. they have such ungodly stiff suspensions (more hdc3 than sdc but its still there) that they will reach thermal limits before mechanical. most ive heard arent able to reproduce lows and sound kinda hollow. but that is my experience. Sanitarium on here has AQ subs and can play 10hz like a monster all in the install i guess. but id take the AQ over the P3, i dislike the plastic cones I'll try to get some in person tests then somehow. Aren't the new lines of RF's Power series subs paper cone? 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
greatblack Posted March 16, 2011 Report Posted March 16, 2011 aq1200 ftw look at my super internets it beast! http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.