How did you guys get started? what sparked interest?

It started freshman year (2002) when my sister called me one day after school and said she was picking me up, little did I know she had a boyfriend at that he had a car. He rolled up in front of my school rattling the f out his trunk in a purple 78" caprice classic with 4 15's in the trunk when I got in the car all my friends thought I was the man and from then on is when I found my love for bass!

No car at the moment.

New system:

2 Skar Audio VVX-12s

Crescendo bc2000d

Carquest NGT battery (back)

Deka battery (front)

I got started back in the early 90's. I remember playing basketball at the local park, and the older guys would come with their house speakers banging! lol.. They would pop their trunks so that we would have music to listen to while we hooped. From there I was hooked!

2000 Chevy Suburban
Pioneer AVHP8400BH
8 - 18" Fi SP4 Subwoofers (fully loaded)

B Pillar 4th Order (75 cubes)
2 - Ampere Audio 8.0 TFE Amps

RF T6004 Amp
RF T4002 Amp
4 - Selenium 8W4P Mids
8 - Selenium 6W4P Mids
6 - Crescendo XST2 Supertweeters

2 - Selenium ST200 Supertweeters
DC Power 320 Alt & Js Ultimate 270

11 - Group 31 Bats
Build Log:
http://www.stevemead...01bdcp-updated/

Team GG

i remember seeing this youtube video of an 18" solo x in a really really crappy, like, black dodge neon. it had tire flex and wiper bouncing. i loved that video. my first demo of a "system" was my buddy's s-10 and a 10" kicker comp from around 2000 (which i now own and is in my brothers car) that was powered by a home theater receiver on the subwoofer channel attached to a DC to AC cigarette adapter. i thought it was pretty loud LOL.

Guest grim83

I dont really remember why i put my first system in the car other than i had it and figured what the hell, and for 2 old ass kenwood 10's in a sealed box on no power them fuckers were bangin, and i was hooked. i messed around a little bit putting in new stuff every couple months, until i met a friend of mine who is a dealer for ascendant audio and he used to compete in spl comps. He had a new SMD 15 in his ext cab s10 on a 3k sundown and after the first demo i was done playing i wanted to be as loud as fuckin possible, he hooked me up with a mayhem 12 and its been building ever since. I fell in love with the idea of little system big bass, and love demoing my lil 12 lol. I'm surrounded by people wjo only know boss watts and kicker comps, so when i start talkin im like hey man come check out my shit, oh its just a 12 and a 2k amp ;) lol.

I never even thought about car audio when I was a kid. Never messed with any in my room and was usually just doing motocross at the time. When I got my first truck at 18 thats when things started to change for me. I decided to get some front speakers for the truck and see how it sounded. I got some xplod 6.5'' thinking omg these sound so good. It just built from there and got worse. I went and got 2 12'' pioneer (blue) subs 150rms each and a crunch amp with a cap hahaha. Payed to have it installed and fell in love. I thought it was so loud and crazy. I then got 2 shallow pioneer subs, the 4 shallow 12'' pioneer subs with a 4chan amp. At this point I joined smd and started to read and learn allot with amps and boxes. I sold my 4chan and got a memphis mono amp (1,100rms). After that I sold all of my pioneer subs and went with a Fi BL 12'' with memphis amp with my own built box, no cap, and flip screen. Then I sold fi, got 2 10'' audioque HDC3 subs with a AQ3500d amp with a box i build having 3 aero ports, fully fiberglassed inside, new RF highs, infinity rear highs, RF high amp, 1/0 wireing. Then came the audio comps were i placed 3rd in my first and last one i competed in doing a 146.3 on the TL being my box was tuned at 32hz hahaha, I eventually cut the ports to 37hz but never got it metered bf my parents took my truck away. I had to sell everything since I had no car and now a year later drive a honda prelude with 2 mtx 10'' subs on a old school RF 900 punch amp that came with the car. I want to get back into the audio scene but money is tight right now. thats my life story ha

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

WOW. i didnt expect to have two pages by now haha its only been like, 22 hours or something. but i really enjoyed reading about your first systems. I dont feel so bad for only having two tens at first haha

I really appreciate all the replies. Honestly.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

Dual H/U

Planet Audio Anarchy 1500W Amp

KnuKonceptz 4Guage wiring

Power Akoustic Fubar 15" woofer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i first got into audio 2 years ago when my friend bought jbls in a bandbass with plexiglass front. i fell in love. then i saw meades btls and then i started to really go "big" now im mecp certified lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

My earliest memory of car audio was around '91, my older sister had a '79 Trans Am with two free air 15's in the trunk. Don't remember what brand. Don't think I even ever heard them. Her friend had a 70's Cadillac with 2 woofers in the back so it rattled like crazy. I didn't really get the "bug" until around '95 from reading the car audio mags. Seeing the first Cerwin Strokers thinking WOW :shok: (back then over 1000 watts was mighty!)

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

i remember seeing this youtube video of an 18" solo x in a really really crappy, like, black dodge neon. it had tire flex and wiper bouncing. i loved that video. my first demo of a "system" was my buddy's s-10 and a 10" kicker comp from around 2000 (which i now own and is in my brothers car) that was powered by a home theater receiver on the subwoofer channel attached to a DC to AC cigarette adapter. i thought it was pretty loud LOL.

Lol was it that dirty & dusty ass hell black or blue hatchback that had like 12" tires that was shaking like hell? Lol that wad one of my first vids seeing a tired and wipes shake/bounce lol

No car at the moment.

New system:

2 Skar Audio VVX-12s

Crescendo bc2000d

Carquest NGT battery (back)

Deka battery (front)

Archived