How did you guys get started? what sparked interest?

My question is, as the title reads: How did everyone get started? What sparked interest in your first system? What do you like about it?

For those that care to know, my first experience was not good at all. I was raised around people who hated car audio systems and particularly bass. Sick, i know. But the first time i heard a system i was like 8 years old. I remember my grandmother saying "Those damn kids are going to go deaf listening to that sh!t!" and i always had that same point of view. about 6 years ago, we (my father and i. I was only about 11-12) but we had borrowed a friends truck. The kid we borrowed it from was around 26 or so. He had 2 subs in the back of his extended cab Ranger. from that moment on, when my dad decided to do something different, he left the Chingy CD in the deck and played some. After that i was in love. the deep sound of those 12's or 15's or whatever they were had stolen my heart. A couple years after that i worked with my dad at his used car dealership. At this point in my life the systems thing had worn off and i was back to being a normal boring kid again. Until one day i got in a vehicle somebody had dropped off for us to work on. I bet you know where this story is going. But it had a system. This time i payed a little more attention to it. It had a Pioneer deck, homemade box, one ten, and an amp and cap mounted to the side. This was not as loud, but still sparked my interest again. still to this day it is instilled in me. I am literally in love with bass. Ive been through a few systems since i got my license. I had 2 10's, 2 12's, and some others. Now i have one 15. after i bang with that for a while i plan on getting at either 2 or 4 18's.

I am just curious to know what inspired you guys. sorry for the life long story.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

Dual H/U

Planet Audio Anarchy 1500W Amp

KnuKonceptz 4Guage wiring

Power Akoustic Fubar 15" woofer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a couple co-workers who were into audio. one of them sold me an amp and a pair of 10"s for $100. then of course I needed speakers and a HU. played around with more stuff in my next car. then met up with a few competition guys (mr. p and noobtastic) then it was all down hill for there lol.

now I have met aubrey and I'm into SQ.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

my sisters boyfriend when i was 14. had 2 alpine 10" subs in a jetta. he told me that it was loud enough to make my ears bleed. from then on i wanted to try it

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

It started when I heard some SUV about a year and a half ago. I was across the street and still heard the vocals loud and extremely clear. On top of that- the whole ground was shaking (this may be exaggerated). When I got home, I went online. First I went on youtube and just searched "bass." At the time, it was Meade's rebuild so all his vids appeared first. After watching the vids, I saw a link to his forum. I typed it in and that "sucked me in" forever.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I never really started small. My first system came because me and my best friend got into a pissin contest over who could be louder. I got started with 2 solo x 12s and 2 2500.1 and has now evolved into a passionate obsession.

my brother car and his friends then messing with a old school home amp and all that stuff

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

I never really started small. My first system came because me and my best friend got into a pissin contest over who could be louder. I got started with 2 solo x 12s and 2 2500.1 and has now evolved into a passionate obsession.

God damn, puts everyone elses starter systems to shame... Hell, puts some's current systems to shame!

What got me started was basically wanting to be the loudest at my school. My friends thought they were big stuff with two Boss 15s on a Boss "2000"w amp. I knew my uncles 1 12 on a 1200w Kicker amp was louder, so I bought it from him, showed up and everyone was dogging on my "walmart brand" setup. Turned the bass up, they shit themselves. The look was priceless, and my unknown brand setup (Cerwin Vega Stroker 122 and Kicker 1200w amp) embarrassed all of my friends.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

my dad had 4 12s when i was about in 4th grade. later on in life i was bored and typed subs in youtube. i thought thats tight as fuck. and i just wanted to be loud and show off to people lol if i wouldnt have looked at that i could be so rich by now haha

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Archived