Sonic Electronix

Um...I have to disagree. I love RF and love the power hx2s but I was much happier with the level 3 in the same enclosure.

And I would not say the power hx2 is comparable to the level 4. If you haven't used all 3 subs in multiple set ups with knowledgeable experience, I would make sure you pay attention to your own remark about "nut huggers"

Don't get me wrong i've heard lvl 3's. I've owned a pair of lvl 4 12's and I still own the RF power HX2 10's. I do like the HX2's over the lvl 3's for sound quality, but the lvl 3's hit hard as hell. The lvl 4's are on a completely different level compared to the hx2's. You cant compare 10+ year old sub woofers with the new spl woofers such as lvl 4's. The "nut hugger" comment is amusing to me because if you like something better than something else that doesn't necessarily mean its better, its just your opinion.

Yeah, the power hx2s hit the lows harder than the level 3some but the level 3s maintained such a wider range of response with so much more authority.

There is much truth comparing a 10+ driver to more modern and newer design.

The nuthugger just made me laugh because the person calling everyone else a nut hugger seemed to be hugging nuts. The hx2 is a very capable and performance driven sub. Just...didn't please me as much as the level 3 or the level 4. Hell, even the level 2 was a decent surprise.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I'd keep the lvl3s as well! Plus if you really want the hx2 10s a Guy over on caco is selling 2 10s for 200 plus shipping and 3 12s for 350 plus shipping.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Um...I have to disagree. I love RF and love the power hx2s but I was much happier with the level 3 in the same enclosure.

And I would not say the power hx2 is comparable to the level 4. If you haven't used all 3 subs in multiple set ups with knowledgeable experience, I would make sure you pay attention to your own remark about "nut huggers"

I stand by my statement. IMO the Power HX2 is in a different class than a lvl3, bottom line. Yes, I have played with both.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...