Sonic Electronix

Going to trade my 2 12 dc lvl 3s for 2 10 rf power hx2s (4in coils!!!) in a box tuned to 38hz. 1.25 per sub. its oging to be a straight up trade. heres the cl ad http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/2271818723.html hes the original owner since 03 lol what you guys think of those subs? they are dual 2s so im going to get a audiopipe 3k and run it at 2ohm. good trade or no? wouuld they get louder then the lvl 3s? the lvl 3s are in a 1.5 per sub tuned to 42hz off rockford t1000. i know im downing cone area but these subs are most beastly and upping power.

Edited by chapo123

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

why not?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

DC>RF. Thats why. Imo dc subs sound ALOT better than rf subs. RF is still a good company though :good:

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

Now this is just my opinion, but rockford is more SQ than SPL, yeah they can get down for sure... But I'd go with the DCs

Edited by Krazykid122

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
Northstar SMS AGM 400 in the back
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU
Dual 0ga runs from the alt to battery
Dual 0ga runs from battery to amp

If I'm right those subs are OK but the only problem would be your losing cone area. I'd stay with the DC all day they're better overall in all aspects and if people say the hx2 will beat the lvl3s they're just "nutthugging" lmfao!

Edited by StreetSlappah

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

And plus, how do you know that the previous owner didnt send a clipped sgnal to them subs? Im always affraid to buy used speakers off CL you just never know.

edit-what are you trying to improve on? sound quality? loudness? there may be a good reason to trade, but if your looking to "hit hard" I think the DC's will be better for that, assuming they are in the right enclosure.

Edited by glohubby05

used subs that probably have been beat to shit in the ten yrs they've been on the market. yes ten yrs. you're crazy if you do it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Really? Damn. He said he never gave them more then 500rms each. So idk ill give them a listen today and see what's up.

1j1450.png