When Silva fought Franklin both times, he was at middleweight. In the UFC, he fought Griffen and James Irvin ( both dont have the skill or talent of Jon Jones, but he did move up) But has he or has he not fought at 205? Has G.S.P. EVER fought at 185? Jon Jones has blown up as being a elite fighter over the last year or two. How long has both Silva and G.S.P. been dominating there divisions? You seem kinda hung up on St Pierre staying at 170, and want so bad for Silva to move up, Why? . I understand that Silva is cocky, but you have to admit, he sure does back his shit up doesnt he? I'm saying pound for pound fight would be great to see as a fan of the sport. After St Pierre beats Shield ( should do so ) move up to M.W. and just test the waters.DONT HAVE TO FIGHT SILVA RIGHT AWAY, JUST TRY IT.

What do you meen by "unlike Silva did"? He did fight scrubs. AND THATS WHAT I SAID, JUST TRY 185. So like i said, i agree with YOU that only way either fighter will entertain this fight, as in Silva vs St pierre, is if there is a catchweight. Silva would have to drop to much weight to fight at 170, and st pierre would have to put on to much weight to fight at 185, or at least not cut so much weight.

Did you not read were i said in both my last post that i had said for St Pierre to try it. And that a catchweight fight is the only way.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Did you not read were i said in both my last post that i had said for St Pierre to try it. And that a catchweight fight is the only way.

Missed it :peepwall:

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

I know you wanted someone on here to give on fighter who was succesful after moving up in class, so here ya go...... Rich Franklin lost at 185 to belfort, and beat Liddell ( I know Liddell is garbage then/now ), Randy Couture lost to Liddell ( Liddells prime ) at 205 and came back to fight Tim Syliva at heavyweight to win the belt( Syliva near the end of his prime), Anderson Silva did it twice as I stated ( against scrubs, but he did ), Dan Henderson won from what i remember is the Pride middleweight belt form Wanderlei Silva to fight Rampage at 205 ( which he lost 5 round decision, but it was a close fight ), so it has been done. Sorry I dont have any boxers to name off, havent watched any boxing in YEARS

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I know you wanted someone on here to give on fighter who was succesful after moving up in class, so here ya go...... Rich Franklin lost at 185 to belfort, and beat Liddell ( I know Liddell is garbage then/now ), Randy Couture lost to Liddell ( Liddells prime ) at 205 and came back to fight Tim Syliva at heavyweight to win the belt( Syliva near the end of his prime), Anderson Silva did it twice as I stated ( against scrubs, but he did ), Dan Henderson won from what i remember is the Pride middleweight belt form Wanderlei Silva to fight Rampage at 205 ( which he lost 5 round decision, but it was a close fight ), so it has been done. Sorry I dont have any boxers to name off, havent watched any boxing in YEARS

Actually, what I said was "Can you name any fighters, boxing included, who put on 30lbs between fights and were successful?"

• 1 month later...

SQMonte you sound like an extreme GSP nuthugger, there have been several fighters who have went up in weight to seek out more challenges and had success. Forrest may not be the best, but he is a very game fighter and has wins over excellent opponents and future hall of famers. (Shogun & Rampage). Anderson gave up alot of size going up to 205 especially since Forrest is probably the biggest LHW out there right now and he was schooled. James Irvin has/had some of the most lethal hands in MMA and several fighters have said that he hit harder and faster than anyone they have ever fought/sparred with, including Rampage. And again Anderson made him look silly.

BJ Penn (natural LW) is a former LW champ, and he has wins over Rodrigo and Renzo gracie at 185 and he fought former LHW champ Lyoto Machida to a very close decision at HW!

Rashad in all essence is a fat middleweight who won TUF at HW then dropped to LHW and is one of the best out there, he should be fighting at 185 right now.

Frankie Edgar should be at 145 but he is the champ at 155, Tyson Griffin is another LW who has success at LW when he should be at 145

Kazushi Sakuraba is one of the greatest fighters of all time fought at 205 and killed people when he should have been at 165

I could go on for days about fighters who are "too small" for their division and/or moved up in weight classes to challenge themselves. GSP is a very talented athlete but after Serra beat him like a bitch he got scared and started fighting not to lose instead of fighting to win. GSP wont move up to 185 because he will be fighting guys that are his size and his whole game is based off of takedowns and control, he would get mauled at 85 by numerous fighters, Okami, Silva, Belfort, Marquardt, Palhares and others.

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

SQMonte you sound like an extreme GSP nuthugger
You sound like an extreme selective listener....No need for a UFC history lesson, i'm well aware of everything you mentioned. What you don't seem to be aware of is the fact that I'm only pointing out the hypocrisy of those saying Silva shouldn't move up to face Jones cause Jones would be too big and too strong for him and then turn around and say GSP should move up to face Silva, who would also be too big and too strong for GSP. That's all, buh-bye :good:

SQMonte you sound like an extreme GSP nuthugger
You sound like an extreme selective listener....No need for a UFC history lesson, i'm well aware of everything you mentioned. What you don't seem to be aware of is the fact that I'm only pointing out the hypocrisy of those saying Silva shouldn't move up to face Jones cause Jones would be too big and too strong for him and then turn around and say GSP should move up to face Silva, who would also be too big and too strong for GSP. That's all, buh-bye :good:

Jones isnt in the same league as Silva or GSP at this point in time, he has several fights at 205 before he can be close to cleaning out the division so "superfights" shouldnt be on his horizon anytime soon. Hell he hasnt even defended the belt yet, as many good things there are to say about jones there are just as many questions about him as a fighter. GSP and Silva are much closer in weight than most people know, and both fighters for all rights and purposes have cleaned out their divisions GSP doesnt want to challenge himself nor does he want to solidify himself as one of the p4p greats since he is basically beating up on smaller fighters than himself. He fights not to lose and knows he wouldnt be the same fighter if he wasnt the bigger and stronger guy like he is at WW.

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Archived