Sonic Electronix

In technical terms and on paper (which is what I ALWAYS go by) you need EXACTLY what I said ive been doing electrical/system installs for years. If you want to just get by on a technicality though then by all means, I'm just trying to make sure the man meets his demands. and Team HT, you've brought nothing to the table to insult me, so please englighten.

well if you want to go buy technical terms like i said you are right. But he would be completely fine on a a H/O alt and a 3100 in front and a 3100 in the back. You arent thinking about box rise either witch will change what his amp is putting out. Not everyone can have the perfect electrical right off the bat

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

By powering I meant running the woofer to its fullest dont be a smartass... You were running an m2a if I recall the M series of those amplifiers run rated @ 11.5-12v (with no clipping.) 28-30hz isnt a huge difference so dont act like 2hz is going to add a huge load. and sorry but 12.8v on an amplifier only rated for 3kw @ 14.5 is going to fry or run like crap and sound bad, I guess its his choice but what you just said isn't at all a reason to keep his electrical as is.

Try running 3,000RMS to a woofer rated for that and then run an amplifier rated for 3,000RMS @ 14.5 then drop the voltage to 12v, you're woofer will be cooked in 5 minutes @ that frequency heh.

i've never seen an m class amp smoke from 12v..especially with it not clipping..it didn't even get warm if i played for a good extended period of time (30-45 minutes) full tilt. But you're right..and since you're gonna be a smartass about me, i'll go ahead and say that 3k is not pushing the smd to the fullest. If you really want to run it to the fullest you'll need about 8k.

edit: on your newest post...what the fuck are you talking about..you run 3kw on 1 1200 and a 270a alt? damn and i thought my setup sounding stupid as shit to you..hypocrite?

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

The alt isn't going to be powering the amp directly. Yes, if you had 2 amps, you could theoretically play all day and never drop voltage below 14.4. No, 2 amps isn't necessary for 3Krms. If the batteries have a large enough reserve, they'll keep the voltage high enough for the amp. You won't be able to go all day balls-to-the-wall bass, but i don't know anyone who just sits there idling while their system plays all day every day. Nobody I've seen on here can demo ALL day without seeing a little voltage drop.

Sammitch, I get what you're saying, that the alt he has won't put out enough wattage to power the full 3K@ 14.4+, but you DO need to remember the batteries play a HUGE motherfuckin' role in the electrical system.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I put my .2 cents in I'm not going to debate the guy can listen or not, he'll be fine with an SMD running off what he has , but hes not gonna see over 14v full tilt heh, thats fact. If he had a lesser woofer then it'd be toast, im off to a new topic lol

Maxim I fully agree and that is what I was trying to say, you dont know the application nobody does but him... I roll around all day demo'ing and smoking herb I bump idling all day long, so to me hitting 14.5v full tilt is a BIG mofuckin deal :D

If im such an idiot/hypocrite why can I full tilt @ 14.5v with 1 battery? and you dumbass an M2 is meant to run at low voltages to get clean signal, barely ANY amplifiers will run clean signal under 14.4v Maybe you should learn more about what you're running, because not once did I say you'd smoke an m2 @ 12v infact I said they're more capible BECAUSE of that.

Yes the SMD probably won't blow off clipped signal @ 3kw but like I said a lesser woofer would. Why am I even arguing? lol

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

I put my .2 cents in I'm not going to debate the guy can listen or not, he'll be fine with an SMD running off what he has , but hes not gonna see over 14v full tilt heh, thats fact. If he had a lesser woofer then it'd be toast, im off to a new topic lol

Maxim I fully agree and that is what I was trying to say, you dont know the application nobody does but him... I roll around all day demo'ing and smoking herb I bump idling all day long, so to me hitting 14.5v full tilt is a BIG mofuckin deal :D

he has like twice the battery you do...yet he won't stay in the 14's? He's still got an underrated alt..and i really doubt you stay at 14v idle full tilt..i had ~2800 rms after rise and i have pretty much the exact same electrical as you and i was in mid-low 13's if i played full tilt at idle.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

You're also running .5ohms. I don't care what you doubt I have more than enough electrical, you guy seem to think batteries perform miracles i dont see how you can say your system is stupid an XS d1200 and 250amp alternator are more than enough to run an m2a lmao if you're seeing under 14v you're doing something wrong...

and i'd also be proud that half my system is stolen >.<

and if you doubt I run 14.5v ask mechman considering hes the one that set me up so I could lmfao.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

You're also running .5ohms. I don't care what you doubt I have more than enough electrical, you guy seem to think batteries perform miracles i dont see how you can say your system is stupid an XS d1200 and 250amp alternator are more than enough to run an m2a lmao if you're seeing under 14v you're doing something wrong...

and i'd also be proud that half my system is stolen >.<

and if you doubt I run 14.5v ask mechman considering hes the one that set me up so I could lmfao.

i will have 1000ah worth of batteries soon and i will be you i will still be under 14.4 full tilt

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Listen you guys can get defensive because im trying to help him do things right or get pissed cause im a moron that doesnt know my shit, eigther way you're getting defensive over nothing. No matter what you think I run 14.5v with my setup lol and no matter what you believe math will always be correct, it just so happens that you CAN get by with systems with a battery bank, it just depends what u want more alternator or more batteries, i never ONCE said he CANT run his system the way it's I DID say he cant do it full tilt @ 14.5v without clipping/drop. I AM NOT WRONG, if someone can prove me wrong then by all means go ahead im always up for learning new things.

There will always be people who do things just to get by and there will always be people that have more than enough so they will always get by AT EASE im the latter person so sue me >.<

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

I'd do 30-32hz. Same 5ft^3 you were thinking for volume.

I was thinkin on my volume to be 40 on my hu.

i wouldn't do 5 ft^3 depending on the power you're running..if you're gonna give it under 3000 rms i would do like 4.5 or so, over 3k rms do 3.5-4...pretty sure steve only runs his 18's in like 5.5 or so..might be wrong though

Steve has 4.3 something cubic feet per sub

Steve is running 18's, this topic is about 15's

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Archived