Sonic Electronix

And more power than less power I find kind of noobish. I can underpower certain drivers, compensate with the enclosure, and perform very well. The problem is people think they need 15,000 watts to be loud.

You feel kind of noobish? This equates to me not knowing much?

Yes you can underpower "certain" drivers and have the perform "well"

this is one of the most generalized statements ive ever heard, especially coming from someone that stated you needed every detail of his install and skill level before giving suggestions...

yeah you can have an underpowered sub sound great in a big ol box. But it wont have nearly the output of a sub with copious amounts of power in a perfect box, nor will it sound as good (keep in mind i said perfect box)

I said nothing about box size, simply said more power is better then less power. all things being equal.

i guess that makes me a noob.

You already admitted that fact, and that your advice is not your own experience, merely other peoples you've collected along the way. I'm no engineer but have been tinkering around for years for my own personal knowledge. I don't like not knowing about something, I test, test, test it out and then test some more.

The specific details being requested had to do with knowing whether or not the XL could handle so much more than its rated. A specific question regarding capabilities requires specific information.

As for the general statement made, detailed accounts do nothing to help the point I made but if you insist. When first walling off my Silverado, I went with 5.3cu ft after displacement per 3 15" BTLs tuned to 32hz with 14" of port per. Powered off of one RF T4000 wired at .67ohms seeing a little over 1500 watts each. And yes, they pounded VERY well, and metered higher than other similar trucks with more cone area and more power.

You recommended maybe the DC 3.5 for the XL in the right enclosure but probably couldn't tell what the perfect enclosure would even be. Sorry your feelings a hurt.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Okay, boys. Stop strokin' your hard-ons. Can we stick to the subject, please?

But I was almost there.

If it were me, I would do the XL on an AQ2200 or the level 4 on the AQ1200. Either combination have the ability to be awesome daily pounders.

I thought you weren't going to burp...well...I have never run that much to the XL. I can say I have seen it done and I have seen it not last long. I believe a DC rep on the site, thorshammer, runs massive amounts to his 10s. You should search him up and check out his build.

Are you still set on 10"s?

Yeah, I seen Thor's vids. Seeing him rock 150+ on two 10's is the only reason I'm going with a 10" woofer. Am I set on a 10 or 10's? No. I just don't have a whole lot of room to play with in my car. (Ford Taurus FTW!) I don't plan on doing burps for any comps, but being able to do them in demos for (hopefully eventually) the midwests's loudest Taurus, would be nice.

Edited by WillPwn4Food

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Will you be sealing off the trunk?

Honestly, for price and consistency found in a daily pounder I wouldn't throw 5k at it. I honestly think the XL and AQ2200 is a beautiful combo, and one I've used in multiple setups.

didnt read a lot of the posts but, i have an AQ1200D on a 15in LVL 4. They are a perfect match in my opinion. The lvl 4 can get low, and i have no voltage drop on stock electrical with the aq1200d, cant beat that, well actually, im upgrading electrical, adding a second aq1200d, and another lvl 4, thats how much i like em.

and hell, if you do the XL on the AQ2200D, you could change it to two lvl 4s as an alternative down the road, possibly double your cone area, etc. gives you options, but you need electrical to back the 2200. :drink40:

Edited by I like kicker

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/