i know its not pertaining to a car but my question is why would my spark plug have no gap and lots of little metal bbs getting jammed into it. its on a 2003 yamaha blaster. i can ride it for a bit then it just dies out. so would it be overheating. a bad plug. piston or valve damage or something worse.

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Sounds like you are running extremely lean, those metal pieces are most likely from the piston! Double check the oil injection pump to make sure it is working, they are known to fail on the blasters, if it has already been removed make sure you are running 32:1 oil/gas mix or richer, if that doesn't help try rejetting the carb. Other than that try searching on some of the atv forums, they have helped me loads!

• 1 month later...

its the wrong plug. its to long and the piston is hitting the end of the plug and smashing it and thats pieses of the piston getting shipped off. if you dont get the right one you can crack the piston and throw it through the head. go to yamaha and get the right one.

not true mr.pete..

if it was hitting the end would be completly destroyed..

if its little round balls of metal. he is detonating/running too lean and is seriously messing shit up.

if you have metal on the sparkplug its too late.. pull the jug off the motor and re ring/new piston.

rebuild the carb. eliminate the oil injection and run premix..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

he said when he pulled it out there is no gap.... i assumed that meant the end was smashed... i could be wrong...

when detonation happens the cylinder temps get so hot they melt aluminum "the spatter hes getting" if cylinder made contact the top of the spark plug would be completely SCREWED.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...