God I hope this isnt a stupid question

I just put some 20's on my Monte Carlo with 35 series tires so Ive got a little wheel gap now....actually the back is fine but the front has noticeably more. The lowering springs I have lower the car 1" in the back and 1.1" up front.....thats not gonna be enough to offset the difference in the gap so I was wondering if lowering just the front would be a good idea? What do you think?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Being the baller on a budget I am i'm trying to cut costs but not the expense of safety and/or performance. I just know that if anything the weight in my trunk is just going to increase so the discrepancy in wheel gap is going to increase too. So I figured lowering the front only would make the front even with or slightly lower than the back as it sits now so I'd be good to go. I just wasnt sure if that posed any safety issue.

No such thing as a stupid question man! (Within Reason of course lol)

You should be fine Lowering just the front, I've seen it done, and the cars still goin :)

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

Ya you should have no problem with it. I got 20s on my 07 accord with 35 series tires to but i did the opposite of you. I lifted the back and left the front how it was cause the front had more space than the back and now they are both even. And the back of my car would rub with the tires when I hit a bump or something especially if I had people in the back seat, that's also why I lifted the back. But I've had the rims on my car since 2007 and never had a problem and I did the same to my brothers 99 accord and he never had a problem with his either.

Ya you should have no problem with it. I got 20s on my 07 accord with 35 series tires to but i did the opposite of you. I lifted the back and left the front how it was cause the front had more space than the back and now they are both even. And the back of my car would rub with the tires when I hit a bump or something especially if I had people in the back seat, that's also why I lifted the back. I've had the rims on my car since 2007 and never had a problem and I did the same to my brothers 99 accord and he never had a problem with his either.

Ya you should have no problem with it. I got 20s on my 07 accord with 35 series tires to but i did the opposite of you. I lifted the back and left the front how it was cause the front had more space than the back and now they are both even. And the back of my car would rub with the tires when I hit a bump or something especially if I had people in the back seat, that's also why I lifted the back. But I've had the rims on my car since 2007 and never had a problem and I did the same to my brothers 99 accord and he never had a problem with his either.

That's exactly what i'm trying to avoid, rubbing issues in the back. I just want to make sure that I don't spend all that money getting what i need to lower it only to cause rubbing, that would suck. As it is now my sidewalls are about 2.5" tall, the gap in the back is 2.5", perfect! But the gap in the front is 3.25 so if I lower it 1.1" that would make it 2.15" up front....so .35" lower up front than the back, i'm good with that. That being said, I might even just go with the KYB GR2 shocks since the drop is so minimal....plus the springs that I have ride very close to stock as far as ride comfort goes so it would make sense to use a shock that closer to stock too, especially since i'm going to do the front only. I want to maintain as much balance in ride comfort front to back as I can.

lol @ Carroot1, you got jokes huh? :lol:

Edited by SQMonte

• 2 weeks later...

take out the springs and cut it 1/4 in shorter. that will lower the front a 1/2 inch.. if you want more cut it 1/2 in shorter. it will lower 1 inch. 100% safe and the ride quality and weight rating of the springs stays the same. they are just shorter. set the coil on the ground standing up and measure from the ground to the top coil where it ends. make a mark where it is 1/4 or however much, and cut it there to make it that much shorter. just remember, how ever much you cut off it will lower the vehicle TWICE AS MUCH. foe example just to be clear... for every 1/2 inch you cut shorter it will lower 1 inch. the conversion stays the same for up to 2 or 3 inches cut off but that much is not recommended.

all in all, you make it your own custome height and the best part you spent a total of 0 dollars!! feel free to ask me more if you need. if i do not reply on here you can pm me anytime and i will get back to you quicker.