alright need some help (law wise) before tomorrow.

Hey bro, I'm a cop, and I totally agree with TeamHT. Be completely honest, and don't mention a fucking word about the 3rd party buying the pill from the individual you gave it to. Stick with your original story (whether it be true or not) that your friend said he was in pain and you gave it to him, and were caught off guard by the rest of the incident. Most likely, you are required to appear because the judge will look at all the "evidence" and listen to the stories of the people that do show up. Being that it is a school day, your principle will most likely not show up anyways. If the judge feels that there is enough evidence to give you a charge, then he will place the charge on you and give you another court date. At that point is when you should lawyer up. But, from my experience, the judge will overlook the whole situation, or have you agree to some public service or a small fine...which if he does, I strongly recomend you take it. Point is, you did break the law by giving the pills out...if you disagree to take the public service or fine, then the judge will most likely see it as arrogance on cockyness, which will piss him off and wave his decision to place real charges on you...which you could be looking at 30 days or more in lockup and a criminal record for distribution of class 3 narcotics instead of 40 hours of weekend time washing firetrucks. So, in a nutshell, dress nice & look clean, talk with proper grammar, tell the truth, and take any offer the judge gives you with a smile on your face...you did break the law, and you've already admitted to it. Be grateful for whatever he gives you. Hope this was helpful.

mivtCK.png

Hey bro, I'm a cop, and I totally agree with TeamHT. Be completely honest, and don't mention a fucking word about the 3rd party buying the pill from the individual you gave it to. Stick with your original story (whether it be true or not) that your friend said he was in pain and you gave it to him, and were caught off guard by the rest of the incident. Most likely, you are required to appear because the judge will look at all the "evidence" and listen to the stories of the people that do show up. Being that it is a school day, your principle will most likely not show up anyways. If the judge feels that there is enough evidence to give you a charge, then he will place the charge on you and give you another court date. At that point is when you should lawyer up. But, from my experience, the judge will overlook the whole situation, or have you agree to some public service or a small fine...which if he does, I strongly recomend you take it. Point is, you did break the law by giving the pills out...if you disagree to take the public service or fine, then the judge will most likely see it as arrogance on cockyness, which will piss him off and wave his decision to place real charges on you...which you could be looking at 30 days or more in lockup and a criminal record for distribution of class 3 narcotics instead of 40 hours of weekend time washing firetrucks. So, in a nutshell, dress nice & look clean, talk with proper grammar, tell the truth, and take any offer the judge gives you with a smile on your face...you did break the law, and you've already admitted to it. Be grateful for whatever he gives you. Hope this was helpful.

you are by far my favorite person on SMD right now! thanks so much man for helping me out. so if i went with what the judge gives me it wouldn't be on my record right?

Depends on the state, bakerman did a very good job painting the picture. And just so you know, if charges do arise, DO NOT HESITATE to plead not guilty. It has nothing to do with whether your guilty enough but will provide you time to discuss and deal with an attorney and eventually the DA.

Like said by baker, take whatever small punishment they give you. I currently pleaded out on one felony charge, got 8 dismissed, and doing 24 months SIS with no shocktime even though I went into the court with time served, lol.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Dude, don't listen to Reallunacy in your position. He is right, and knows what he's talking about, but this isn't that serious yet. People only follow that advice if they are guilty, or are innocent and facing a serious crime. Like I said, you have NOT even been charged with anything yet. But, to be completely honest, you are guilty. Just be nice, and hope the judge is having a good day. There are so many people I see in court every week facing the same or similar situations as you, that compleletly blow things out of proportion. They end up getting 30 days or worse just because they get an attitude and don't seem to see how they are wrong. Like the guy that tells the officer on camera that the dime bag in the center console is his, but when he gets to court wants to get all technical and try to accuse the officer of doing things wrong just to get off the hook. I just wanna walk up to the bench, slap the shit out of the individual, and just tell them to shut the hell up. So instead of getting a $250 fine with 30 days to pay it, they piss the judge off and he slaps the maximum on them which is like $2000 and says if you can't pay this right now, then you are going to jail for 30 days. And of course the individual doesn't pocket that much money, so they get put in the shiny bracelets and taken to jail without so much as a "have a nice day".

mivtCK.png

Dude, don't listen to Reallunacy in your position. He is right, and knows what he's talking about, but this isn't that serious yet. People only follow that advice if they are guilty, or are innocent and facing a serious crime.

Yeah, I was operating under the assumption they were charging him.

Of course...don't hesitate to plead not guilty. Like HT said, it gives you time to talk it out, and you can always work out a plea. But the only issue that I see arising, is that it is most likely a bench trial in municipal court. If thats the case, you enter a plea, and the judge decides right then and there. So, he would be better off asking for a jury trial, which in turn tends to give the judge the first impression that you think you didn't do anything wrong. Now, don't take my advice as you have to go in there kissing the judges ass...if this is not your style, then by all means stand up for yourself. By no means am I a pushover. I just personally think that at a young age, it would be better to kiss up to a judge for 30 mins and make him happy, and in turn you keep a clean record.

mivtCK.png

Dude, don't listen to Reallunacy in your position. He is right, and knows what he's talking about, but this isn't that serious yet. People only follow that advice if they are guilty, or are innocent and facing a serious crime. Like I said, you have NOT even been charged with anything yet. But, to be completely honest, you are guilty. Just be nice, and hope the judge is having a good day. There are so many people I see in court every week facing the same or similar situations as you, that compleletly blow things out of proportion. They end up getting 30 days or worse just because they get an attitude and don't seem to see how they are wrong. Like the guy that tells the officer on camera that the dime bag in the center console is his, but when he gets to court wants to get all technical and try to accuse the officer of doing things wrong just to get off the hook. I just wanna walk up to the bench, slap the shit out of the individual, and just tell them to shut the hell up. So instead of getting a $250 fine with 30 days to pay it, they piss the judge off and he slaps the maximum on them which is like $2000 and says if you can't pay this right now, then you are going to jail for 30 days. And of course the individual doesn't pocket that much money, so they get put in the shiny bracelets and taken to jail without so much as a "have a nice day".

ya i know im guilty and im not trying to get around it or anything, ill probably admit to being guilty too. im just trying to see what im facing, you didnt answer my question though haha if i take the community service or whatever would it still go on my record

nevermind ya you did

Edited by thesilve15

Dude, don't listen to Reallunacy in your position. He is right, and knows what he's talking about, but this isn't that serious yet. People only follow that advice if they are guilty, or are innocent and facing a serious crime.

Yeah, I was operating under the assumption they were charging him.

I am really glad you understood what I was saying, and didn't take it as me being an asshole.

mivtCK.png