Double Din Suggestions

I am getting a new car so i need a new head unit and i just saw that i can get the avic d3 for $750 with navi and all on sonicelectronix. seems like a good price to me, anyone have any experience? and can the parking brake thing be bypassed at all?

EDIT: open to any suggestions on a good double din

Edited by joey2714

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

play Moola.com its actually fun and free...

click here to join Money games!

its just games with free money!

not experience with that but personally i would get alpine. They are awesome, they have the pulse touch so it feels like your touching a real button, navi, eq, hatever u need

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_9354_Alpine+IVA-W205.html

i have that 1 and i LOVE IT!!!

Lets Go Ski

The D3 is AWESOME! I love everything about it, theres so many different things it can do its ridiculous. Well worth the $800! And yes I have the parking break bypassed...theres a bit of a trick to it, PM me if you get it and I'll teach you how.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

I was looking and playing around with the D3 and it seemed like a kick ass unit period. Then you consider that it is a double din NAV unit under a grand...you should buy it on principle alone. lol.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

• 6 months later...

DDx812

not many people like kenwood, alpine and pioneer people, i like them too, but ive had the d3, didnt like it, i had this unit, and LOVED IT...but i got a better deal on a even better kenwood so i went with that, that one there tho is l33t and very user friendly, while at the same time doing everything u need

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

DDx812

not many people like kenwood, alpine and pioneer people, i like them too, but ive had the d3, didnt like it, i had this unit, and LOVED IT...but i got a better deal on a even better kenwood so i went with that, that one there tho is l33t and very user friendly, while at the same time doing everything u need

and you still havent given a reason as to why the d3 disappointed u

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

go with the d3. i just got one about a month ago and so far no problems yet and im still finding out things i can do with it haha.

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

and you still havent given a reason as to why the d3 disappointed u

CAUSE I DIDNT LIKE IT!!!! it was not what i expected, i like the kenwood ALOT more, it has a ton more features imo....every1 is able to express there opinion, i dont like the d3....and thats why i suggested the kenwood

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon: