Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Measuring Port Length.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have to make a bend in my new port and I was wondering the correct way to measure the port length.

Do I measure to the middle of the turn and then to the end of the port?

Or is it to the back wall and then to the end of the port?

2009 spring fling-iasca-rookie 1-Champion. 139.4db.

"I don't do enough, I just fool around

Ya'll can go to hell, how does that sound"~ Tech N9NE

4 15" Memphis. and 1 Big ass box. <-Sold to fund more power.

Kicker l5s

Posted

This is how I do it:

cornereg9.jpg

Adding A and B together will give you the length of the port if you were to want the middle distance. Providing the port is a constant width through the middle, which it should be anyway, or you'll have tuning problems :P

 

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Posted

u should go to the middle of the bend (not along the walls)...it might give u the same answer ( i just dont feel like adding right now..lol)...but im just saying..

i likes me some audio stuff...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1483 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...