ive had my car back from paint for 1 week paint shop finaly gets calls me to get my trim and shit. i was quoted 5000 (show quality suede black paint) and a matte silver pinstripe. and he painted valve covers emblems etc. well he said it was going to me alittle over the 5000 because of supplies and more labor (underbody epoxy coat and (real men have cubic inches airbrushed on the underside of the hood.

well i get there today with 5000 cash and a check to make out for the rest he tells me 9000 bucks i go fucking apeshit. he cant not charge me 4 g's with out contacting me correct he said alittle over (i mean its beautiful show quality finish no waves etc etc but come on to charge me 4000 with out giving me a call thats alittle much. he got payed but i let him have it and he offered to make my engine beauty panels free (that way you open the hood all you see is engine nothing else).

i had good grounds to be pissed i think ?

i did feel bad about freaking out in front of his little girl though

and to top it off i have to go back tomorrow so he can fix a scratch (he said no charge) this is suede black (click

sig.png

Why did you pay him? Did you have a written work order with specified price? That was the quote, what good is a quote then? I've got lots of questions

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Look at this V dub...John Deere Blitz Black Paint, 25 Dollars a gallon...Flat Clear coat to protect the paint..Probably less than 100 bucks for paintjob if you have compressor and a little know how...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2913206

but if you read the thread it says anything will mark the paint and it has to be painted every year. My ass going to cheap ass Maaco and having them shoot my shit flat black.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

2006 Bass Race 156 points

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2006 Bass Race 156 points

2008 Starting from scratch

See thats exactly why i buy the paint first then find a trustworthy paint shop that you know wont pull shit on you like that. I had no troubles getting my Caprice clear coated and Kandy painted. Yea it costed me like $4,500 for the whole job but it was worth every dollar!!! But yea you got bullshitted on by whoever that guy was. :angry:

dancing1.gif

NatesBanner.jpg

ACT YOUR AGE AND NOT YOUR SHOE SIZE

that sucks man you got taken for a ride, i would cancle that check and take him to court if he has a problem that is wrong what he did and there is Nothing special about that paint job that i seen in the picture, if you live in fla or close enough ill set you up with my dad whom paints cars , and with body work and replaceing fenders ect for that flat job would have cost you no more than 3grand materal and all

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

i have a bodyshop and all pricing is subect to change but not without a written copy of it including the owners signature. i would seriously consider what just happened as a learning experience and to shop a lil wiser on upcoming paint and body repairs we are not all crooks and some of us like to sleep with a clear head at nite sorry about your bad experience .