Second Skin Audio

Subs look out of sync

Trâgîk

I got my subs and everything hooked up, i have my 2 amps strapped powering my my 2 subs and i noticed that one looks like it has more excursion than the other one and also they look out of sync or something. Ive never messed with the phase on the amp but would that make a difference?

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

your eyes lie to you...subs quite often look out of sync, or differently powered or out of phase entirely...but are just fine. NEVER believe your eyes when dealing with sound

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

make sure they are hooked right, such as no neg wires from amp are in pos of subs and same for pos from amp to neg on sub

They are hooked up right, neg to neg jumper between amps, and the negative of one sub to the positive of one amp and pos to positive of the other amp. Do the amps send different frequencies to each sub because now that i look closer it looks like one woofer plays one note as the other plays a different note and then on the baseline they look to sync up. I never noticed that if thats what it does with two subs. Idk, its a little hard to explain i guess, maybe ill get a video of it tomorrow and maybe it will show

your eyes lie to you...subs quite often look out of sync, or differently powered or out of phase entirely...but are just fine. NEVER believe your eyes when dealing with sound

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Double check the wiring. But I also agree with Jay. I swear my friends subs arn't firing right, but I have checked the wiring a thousand times and its always right.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Ok cool cuz yea they look semi-out of sync. Looks crazy

Quoting Jay's quote of himself.

And taking a video won't make it look any better.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Well i took a closer look at the subs and yes i can tell that they arent in sync with each other. Like one sub is getting more power than the other or something. I have the subs coils all wired in series for a 4 ohm load. I have 2 hdc3 duel 1 ohm subs powered by the two DC 3.5k amps strapped so each is seeing 2 ohms. Should i mess with the phase on the amps or what should i do? What should i look for to check to make sure things are running how they are supposed to? I almost think i should un strap the amps and run them solo but then i dont know how hard it would be to evenly tune the amps for the same amount of power because i dont have a oscope, just a multimeter.

Archived