Second Skin Audio

'04 L7 recommended airspace

Ive done some searching and I havent found an actual number, just what everyone suggests more or less. So what is the Kicker recommended airspace for one of these subs? Sub is going to see about 2k daily so Im thinking on the smaller end of the recommendation to prevent over-excursion.

Thanks guy.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

Ive done some searching and I havent found an actual number, just what everyone suggests more or less. So what is the Kicker recommended airspace for one of these subs? Sub is going to see about 2k daily so Im thinking on the smaller end of the recommendation to prevent over-excursion.

Thanks guy.

what size sub is it??

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

a have a 01 kicker L7 and its 3.48 thats what i used

I'm no L7 expert but that sound a little big if he is running 2k daily.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I'm no L7 expert but that sound a little big if he is running 2k daily.

Kinda. You get to a point where you sacrifice the response curve when going too small. In my opinion, I wouldn't go lower than 3.75-4ft^3, I don't care what kind of power I'm using.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Archived