Sonic Electronix

About power wire , fuses , and big 3 upgrade.

ok so if im using a 4ga wire kit with a 60amp fuse does it matter size of fuse block like if i upgraded it would it let more power through ?

does the 60 amp fuse limit power?

and what is the big difference between name brand wire kits? and little company wire kits?

and one last question about the big 3 im short on money right now but i got a roll of 4ga wire kit believe it would help if i did 4ga big 3 since i dont got 0/1 right now? or would i be wasting my time if anyone could answer these thanks.

:nea:

and someone could explain the battery deal to me like adding a battery. is it like haveing a capacitor? or what?

ok so if im using a 4ga wire kit with a 60amp fuse does it matter size of fuse block like if i upgraded it would it let more power through ?

does the 60 amp fuse limit power?

and what is the big difference between name brand wire kits? and little company wire kits?

and one last question about the big 3 im short on money right now but i got a roll of 4ga wire kit believe it would help if i did 4ga big 3 since i dont got 0/1 right now? or would i be wasting my time if anyone could answer these thanks.

:nea:

and someone could explain the battery deal to me like adding a battery. is it like haveing a capacitor? or what?

i would do double the runs with 4 gauge big 3 and i dont think small amperage fuse limits power but just for safety upgrade to a bigger fuse

cowboys_logo.gif

As long as you're not blowing fuses, it's not really limiting your power potential.

For wire, just look for pure copper wire, like knukonceptz kolossus fleks or even welding cable. Try to stay away from CCA (copper clad aluminum) if you can. CCA doesn't have the current capacity like pure copper.

4 gauge should be plenty for the big 3 unless you are pulling a high amount of current for long periods of time.

A battery does a much better job at supplying stored power to where you need it than a capacitor does. That's basically it.

Hope i helped.

for what you're running a sinlge run of 4awg for big 3 is perfectly fine... that's just my opinion

don't waste money on a cap just put that money towards a decent battery.

it takes power to make power

Currently:

* Hybrid Audio Legathia 3-Way Active Front Stage

* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's

* (2) Arc Audio 1100.1 XDi v2 (Strapped @1ohm)

* (1) Arc Audio 1200.6

* RF 360.3 DSP

Archived