Ok so I have been having some major stomach issues lately so the doc ordered me an ultrasound, everything looks good except for I have what is possibly a 3mm kidney stone. Has anyone gone through this? I'm really wondering what to expect... Will it be a sudden onset of major pain or will it be gradual? How long does it take to pass? Can you function while passing a stone? Any suggestions or advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I only have one friend that has gone through this and he makes it out to be no big deal, which I know is BS.

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

i have never personally gone through it but i can say this. people around me that have gone through it were in major pain. you will need pain killers and start drinking tons of water and juice. they say its very painful. my boss has them every year and his get so bad that the whole side of his body gets bruised and his kidneys hurts for weeks. he actually almost died from them one time it was so bad. when your passing it you will need to be off work and may have to goto the hospital. all i can say is hope it breaks apart and comes out in pieces so its not as painful for ya. it just really depends how bad it is. good luck

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

My dad has been passing them for a year now. They are no joke. He still has a catheter in to help pass them easily. They hurt like a bitch from what my dad says. Think about sticking something big inside ur junk, its not made to have stuff like that going through there lol. They may just take you and either put you into a like bath that has ultrasonic waves that will help break up the kidney stone or they will go in with a probe and try to extract it themselves and if they cant they will just blast it with high pressure water and then have you piss it out. They are no fun to have and thank god im only 19 and dont have one but my sister who is 23 has had 3 already.

From what my dad described to me is that when you are getting ready to pass one you can feel it working its way throughout your body and you can feel the pain in your back. He said it feels like someone is sticking needles in your back and lower stomach until you pass it. And if the kidney stone has a slight hook onto it, it will hurt even more than a rounded kidney stone. For my dad he has had like 5 3mm kidney stones and he has been passing them for quite awhile. Its not anything fast to get fixed. It takes time for your body to work its way out.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Will I know it's coming or will it just hit me like a ton of bricks? The doctor says it could come today or in 6 months...

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

It isnt much of a suprise. My dad would usually wake up and have pains in his lower back and would go a few days until he would pass it. So there is never a true time you know when its going to come.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I have had two stones about 2 years apart. They hurt like hell coming out like your pissing out a BB. :good: I cutout all soft drinks just drink water now. Dont get all scared when you cant piss like normal thats when the major pain will commence.

Nutup~or~Shutup

My doc gave me Flowmax to help pass the Stone...

Its supposed to relax and open up the urethra so it passes a lil easier.

I will for sure check into this! I am very glad to hear to I will have time to prepare because I have 3 small children and I am often home alone with them. Thanks for the help so far guys!!

no problem man. take it easy. dont do anything strenuous with these because it can cause them to unexpectedly work its way out.