N3 or SG

Nick I would like to run 9k to a single sub for burps ONLY. Would you recommend the SG or N3? Depending upon your choice what options would you recommend for your choice sub? My enclosure is 15" cylinder for a 12" sub. It's volume is adjustable with the maximum 1.7 cube. Car is a CRX street application

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Honestly...I doubt you would even be able to use the N3 to full potential. Definitely not supergauss.

Problem that many people are not seeing yet is that there is simply too much motor strength on tap and they lose their peak...you can get a higher qts woofer that shifts to peak higher and harder then one with a low qts and gobs of motor strength in a low pressure environment. (ie: non extreme spl)

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Honestly I do not understand all of the parameters in choosing the right woofer for the application. Hence my questions. A couple of things that have me worried are in my testing yesterday I launched a cone out of a mayhem running an saz1500 at .5 ohm with a box rise of 3x. Granted it could have been a questionable glue job; however, when we received the new recone with 7 spiders it looked as if all the spiders were added to the bottom thereby raising the surround approximately 3/8" from the basket. The recone was glued by authorized AA dealer because of the aforementioned reason of it not sitting flush with the basket. I didn't want it to be issue caused by me or my teammate. Can you explain what went wrong?

Every surround does that...which is why we will not build a big 10 because it sits up around 1/2"

When you start stacking a bunch of spiders up your cone geometry is not correct and your surround sits farther north.

How did you launch the cone? Any way you could show a picture? I honestly find that really hard to believe on a single 1500D..especially knowing the hell we've put them through in many other cars.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

It didn't tear the surround so we just re-glued it. Sorry no photos. In my best guess is there may have been a poor glue spot which broke loose first causing it to chase around about 6". The spiders were fine. I noticed that the landing around the surround was smaller because of the height issue especially where the mounting holes were. Oh the lighter side I just chalked it up to user error. I was able to post a 148 on the first burp I did!

That's really weird though..

But if somebody reconed it and did not do it right and centered the surround right then it would do that..

Not sure what to suggest? Definitely should not be having those issues on a 1500 watt amp :)

ray here<<<<<<

i glued it before they left that night.

it was up about 3/8".. i said i have seen it before and asked nick bout it, was told to glue heavy and just clamp it down.

I told julio to check it later that night, and add glue anywhere it didnt stick.

It always the 7spider subs that do it.

I usually have to add more glue.

When i saw it the next day, you had all ready ran it, and tore the surround off.

Added more glue, and it held up just fine the rest of the day.

As far as being worried about it.... nah. I run more clamped power than that to mine. always play above tuning, and ive had zero issues with the 12/15 and 18.

havent torn a spider, or burnt a lead, or anything.

im running almost 8k clamped to each 1.

now, if someone didnt check the surround that morning like i said to and just railed on it.. then i dont know what to say. but when dealing with a cone that doesnt sit flat, i think i did the best you can do.

all in all... its still good to beat on. seemed to hold that 4k dd amp just fine..lol

and for a sub with the dc9k.. id do a mayhem for burps. it will hold.