First Time 'Chopping'

1. 1. What do you think?

• I like it.
    • Not feeling it.

My first time doing a chopped and screwed song. It's a little rough, but let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njTmCjP2C3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njTmCjP2C3M

Edited by Autruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

sounds good...., but there is some some cliping i think...its like the track stops for a second and then it starts again...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

That's not clipping, that was probably just youtube loading. Clipping is a broken sine wave. If there is any amount of clipping in the track it is no more than the original version, as I did not boost/add any bass.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Bumpage. More opinions please. :pardon:

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Ok I'll try to put it gently...

Technically you are not chopping anything.

It is Almost impossible to achieve what you are trying to do with Audacity.

I will repost a couple of comments i made on another thread. It explains it to where you might understand it.

ok Being a person who grew up listening to Slowed and chopped music... and has made his own slowed and chopped music... I'm sorry dude it sounds SLOPPY.1. I'm not feeling different pitches at different times.2. your chops are not considered chops. All your chops are doing is bringing the music back at the same spot. lets me try to explain the way chops work. Lets say you have a four count:

1-2-3-4
You want to chop those counts. you dont go:
1-1-2-3-4
- Thats five counts now. Which is what's goin on with your chops.
2-2-3-4
- is What you want to happen. The chops go forward a count and then back a count so you get the second count twice. Is that too confusing to anyone?lets say you want continuous chops for lets say a 8 count
2-2-4-4-6-6-8-8
every other beat brought back once and then played at their spot in their actual real time place.Lets put this theory to music.The lucky charms theme....you dont go.
frosted frosted lucky charms charms, their magically magically delicious delicious.
thats too many counts lets say it's an eight count chopped every other count.
Frosted frosted charm charm magic magic licous licous.
say it in your head and see if it sounds right to you.The words don't finish but that's because they are in the middle of a count.I know i've completely confused everyone but i hope some one understood it.On top of everything i really only heard like maybe three chops on the first download. If you just referred to the act of slowing the music down as screwed and chopped then you made a mistake. Screwing(slowing) is the act of slowing it down. Chopping is the act of chopping the beats.

Edited by z_ro

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

What's that other software people use to do this?
audacity to slow the music. Virtual Dj to chop the music.You can either chop the music when its fast and then slow it... or slow the music and then chop it.Mixvibes pro v 3.11 was a good program but you have to figure out how to record. Some computers i've used can, some cant. Before you attempt it understand what im talking about when i say counts.If you can figure out the bpms you can adjust the bpms on each song on virtualDj and it will chop the songs perfectly.Good luck and dont let it discourage you.When you can chop your own music and people like it... its a GREAT feeling. :)

I totally understand everything you're saying man, now I have to let it sink, and apply it, it's just like learning formulas in math, look at the formula then the problem then the formula repeat... eventually you can just do the problem.look at rules look at song repeat eventually I'll get it and get better at it.Right?
dude i listened to cd's of all my chopping and screwing days from like ten years ago and i SUCKED back then.I only REALLY got back into when i starting lurking around this forum. I never knew how mainstream it became and how widespread it got FROM TX. I only screw and chop music that i cant find the way i like it. Sometimes its not slow enough or the chops are too fast.So i go back to getting down on my songs. I dont want to thread jack. I posted this a while back but the link was deleted due to inactivity.This is my version of dirty diana.dirty diana VDJ.mp3Now while some people might not like the way it sounds but again i did it MY liking. :)Some of the chops are off because i still get carried away with the crossfader but i was JUST getting back into doing it after a long period of time that i didnt.

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

In my opinion, you cant really tell someones skill on this song, but thats just me.

To me my version sounded good.

But I chopped it to my liking. What I thought was a better chop for the BPMs. Bigpimpin did a version that was chopped right for the most part just matched thw bpms all kinds of weird. I will forever fuck with him about it. Lmfao

Btw I am in no way trying to discourage the dude. Im just telling him hes trying to do it the really hard way. Lol