DC Sound Lab

I bought a 18" DC XL two weeks ago off bslapyomomma and bought a Crescendo 3kp off skittles last night to go in my Yukon. Cant wait!

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Well I think you have it covered! Can I have a demo? haha :peepwall:

hah yea :) where ya located at? im in league city texas :drinks:

Ah shit how far is that from Denton I want a demo.

southeast houston... lol.

Well fuck no one can be close to me can they lol. Texas is too fuckin big.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

I bought a 18" DC XL two weeks ago off bslapyomomma and bought a Crescendo 3kp off skittles last night to go in my Yukon. Cant wait!

yea i was looking at his a while back before i sold my L7s

kinda wish i would jumped on em but i would kinda rather have brand new ones

did you buy both of his XLs?

i cant wait to get my XLs either :):yahoo:

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Well I think you have it covered! Can I have a demo? haha :peepwall:

hah yea :) where ya located at? im in league city texas :drinks:

Ah shit how far is that from Denton I want a demo.

southeast houston... lol.

Well fuck no one can be close to me can they lol. Texas is too fuckin big.

haha texas is really big

wheres denton at??

Well I live in ponder which Is about 6 hours from you. Maybe we'll meet up at Tex Mex iono if I'm going yet or not tho I wanted to recone to an 18 or buy one but rusty's out... fuck lol

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

Well I live in ponder which Is about 6 hours from you. Maybe we'll meet up at Tex Mex iono if I'm going yet or not tho I wanted to recone to an 18 or buy one but rusty's out... fuck lol

whats tex mex??

ill heat at heatwave for texas showdown but thats still pretty far from you

its on june 17th-19th

yea it sucks hes out i heard its 45-60 days before there back in stock :shrug:

I know what the fuck lol and a 4 day show at the end of April down near Houston I should make heat wave tho as long as the wife's into it.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

The level 5's are only 500 watts more. Granted then can take alot more.

But tests have shown that XLs get louder when theyre on lower power (I think it was up to 3500wrms). Idk whether or not the power was clamped. I'd assume so

i saw something about this too but idk

if i do this setup each XL would be on a AQ2200D or the pair starpped at 1 ohm

so 2200wrms to each sub before rise and voltage drop (if i have any 8) )

if you strap too 1ohm each amp is seeing .5 b4 rise.. so thats way more power than 2200 each.. even at 1ohm they do rated power at around 13v.. but after rise you should see 4-5k but many variables apply..

What you have to remember here is that amps put out full rated power at a reactive 1 ohm load.(nominal ohm load= before rise) (reactive ohm load= after rise). Say you do strap your amps to 1 ohm(.5 per amp) and you have rise to 4 ohms (2 ohms per amp). You will be getting that amps rated power for 2 ohms as long as your voltage is good.

When you run amps at a nominal ohm load below the recommended 1 ohm, you have to be careful that you know what your rise is going to be so that you dont damage your amps. No amplifier company will recommend that you run a nominal ohm load below what the amp is stable to but it can be done safely as long as you know what you are doing, and most importantly have the electrical to back it up.

The level 5's are only 500 watts more. Granted then can take alot more.

But tests have shown that XLs get louder when theyre on lower power (I think it was up to 3500wrms). Idk whether or not the power was clamped. I'd assume so

i saw something about this too but idk

if i do this setup each XL would be on a AQ2200D or the pair starpped at 1 ohm

so 2200wrms to each sub before rise and voltage drop (if i have any 8) )

if you strap too 1ohm each amp is seeing .5 b4 rise.. so thats way more power than 2200 each.. even at 1ohm they do rated power at around 13v.. but after rise you should see 4-5k but many variables apply..

What you have to remember here is that amps put out full rated power at a reactive 1 ohm load.(nominal ohm load= before rise) (reactive ohm load= after rise). Say you do strap your amps to 1 ohm(.5 per amp) and you have rise to 4 ohms (2 ohms per amp). You will be getting that amps rated power for 2 ohms as long as your voltage is good.

When you run amps at a nominal ohm load below the recommended 1 ohm, you have to be careful that you know what your rise is going to be so that you dont damage your amps. No amplifier company will recommend that you run a nominal ohm load below what the amp is stable to but it can be done safely as long as you know what you are doing, and most importantly have the electrical to back it up.

this is very true

im hoping rise will put me closer to 1 ohm and not be crazy high thats why i wanna strap at 1 ohm

im gunna get a clamp meter and see what my rise is and what my actual power output is of the two AQ2200Ds when i get it all together

when i first put the amp in on my 4 L7 15s i messed up the wiring and wired it to .25ohm and the amp barley got hot after bout 20 min of playing with it but voltage was never below 13.5

im gunna have 600amps of alt power with a VCM and two D3400 and 2 D3100 so my electrical will be up to par

amps will be scoped also with my TPI440

I know what the fuck lol and a 4 day show at the end of April down near Houston I should make heat wave tho as long as the wife's into it.

Really? doubt il have my XLs by then :( ill get something together and see if i can make that show :pardon:

is there a website where i can get more info on it?