Second Skin Audio

Issue with my subs..

This just started today..If i set my volume at high levels before the bass starts hitting everything is fine. But if i'm at like volume 10 for example while bumpin and start turning the volume up, it almost sounds like the subs pulsate a little then the amp goes into protect. Anyone ever heard of this before? Like i said everything was fine until today..

2004 Explorer Limited

24" Lexani "pyros" wrapped in 255/30/24 pirelli's

270 Amp MechMan Alt.

(2)Stinger SPP-2150's

(2)Sundown NightShade 15's

IA 40.1

SD is the Sonic Destroyer module in your HU, it was originally in pioneer HUs, but its not in all HUs, you need to upgrade your HU, Punky Fup HUs are a good company.

im shitting you, your subs might be the problem, the amp, the HU, its hard to tell.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

anyone else with any input?

I switched out the rca's..and the subs seem to be perfectly fine..could it be the hu? It's a pioneer avh3200

2004 Explorer Limited

270 Amp MechMan Alt.

(2)Stinger SPP-2150's

IA 40.1

Sounds like it's a problem with the amp since it goes into protect.

Low voltage / hard clipping can send amps into protect, but since your saying that if you turn it up before the bass plays then its fine, suggests that it's probably not either.

You could use a 3mm jack to rca adapter and use your ipod as a signal source instead of your HU. You may have to re set your gain since the ipod would have a different signal voltage then hu.

If you do this and your amp works fine then perhaps something is screwy in your hu and it's clipping the signal. If you do this and the amp goes into protect then you know it's not the hu.

Hope that helps shed some light on the problem. :)

sighl.jpg

I'll have to check that out man thanks!

I'm sure it's not low voltage as it never falls below 12.8v so i can probably rule that out. but i will add in that today on my way home as i was turning up the remote gain control for the amp, it would do it until i let go of the gain control. So i'm thinking the issue may be with the amp, but i'm going to try the ipod first.

2004 Explorer Limited

270 Amp MechMan Alt.

(2)Stinger SPP-2150's

IA 40.1

I'll have to check that out man thanks!

I'm sure it's not low voltage as it never falls below 12.8v so i can probably rule that out. but i will add in that today on my way home as i was turning up the remote gain control for the amp, it would do it until i let go of the gain control. So i'm thinking the issue may be with the amp, but i'm going to try the ipod first.

Yeah it honestly sounds like a problem with the amp. But try out the ipod and see what happens :drink40:

sighl.jpg