What kind of form do you have when your doing them. If your doing perfect form 260 should NOT be easy. I'm 5'9" at 165lbs and i can BARELY do a set of 10 at 180lbs with perfect form. And i have been going to the gym at least 3 times a week for the past 6 months with stupid strict discipline.

Why do you say that?

Being a running athlete, I would say to stay in the 10-12 rep range with proper form, and try controlled down explosive up reps, but don't bounce. Pause at the top of each rep, it should almost feel like 12 singles. 4 sets of 12 followed by bodyweight plyometrics (box jumps and such) would be a good compliment to the sports. If you do the squats the way i've stated, I doubt you will using 260.

This. And I don't believe 260 with perfect form is very difficult at his weight. Maybe at first, but after about three weeks (three to four times doing legs) you'll be laughing at it.

It's easy to get cocky with yourself once you start repping higher numbers. Don't let the 300 or 400 point get the best of you. Concentrate on the form, otherwise you might as well not work out legs. I'm 6'2" I hover between 190 and 200 and I can rep 450 six times, with good form. NOTE: I never said I did it easily lol. It's very taxing, and I only to it for one set. I like to consider my "MAX" set my 6 rep point. I don't believe in "maxes".

I used to be able to do that too! Sets of 400# plus were a regular occurrence in my gym trips. My probelm was is that I put way more effort into my "lower body" than I did my "middle" or "core" Even though I had spot-on form and my legs were plenty strong enough to take the abuse and do that weight, my lower back was not in such great shape. And at the age of 18 had to have surgery for a herniated disc. At least I was young and in very good shape, so recovery was quick, and I havent had any problems since. So, no matter what your goal, make sure your whole body is up to the task!

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.

As stated before, how low are you going with these squats? I too always see people in the gym doing 300# plus but not getting anywhere close to even parallel, and it makes a big difference.

For example, in high school I could do over 400# max but it was only a bit above parallel, but thats what we were told to do. Now that I do track in college we do "deep" squats where your butt is only about 6-8 inches off the ground and I usually do sets of 185+, max in the low/mid 200 range. Not sure exactly because we never max, kindof pointless.

If it would help I can take some pics of the form, not sure if it would though.

i got one of the trainers at the gym to help me out today on my form and make sure i was doing it right..and he pushed me to what i should actually be doing...i can rep ~280 10 times comfortably..i think i could do more..but again, i don't wanna hurt my legs or anything like that

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Cut the weight a little and do some 20 rep squats, your body won't know what hit it the next day...

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

What kind of form do you have when your doing them. If your doing perfect form 260 should NOT be easy.

I'm 5'9" at 165lbs and i can BARELY do a set of 10 at 180lbs with perfect form. And i have been going to the gym at least 3 times a week for the past 6 months with stupid strict discipline.

Meh at the first part. Back in high school I was repping ~325ish with no problem and I'm 5'9" and was about 170-180. I think I maxxed at 430, had to Max out for football.

Form is key tho! If you don't go down low enough over time your hamstrings can shrink and slow you down

Oh and you should do multiple sets with jump rope or core exercises in between sets.

Edited by corey0928