Sonic Electronix

Anyone strapping AQ2200's?

Okay, so I know the AQ2200 is 1ohm stable, but at the same time, i know people who play music all day long on .5ohms with no problems. I'm curious if anyone out there has two of them strapped at a total 1ohm, instead of the recomended 2ohms. Is it a clean sounding signal?

mivtCK.png

I know it has been done, i just havn't seen it in person. You going to do this in the focus?

Of course...check out the "Re"Build Log link down in my sig to see the subs and amps and box. I just need to decide on dvc 2ohms, or dvc 1ohms.

mivtCK.png

ill be strapping mine at a 1 ohm load here in about a week or two and i will let you know how it goes

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

ill be strapping mine at a 1 ohm load here in about a week or two and i will let you know how it goes

Please do bro...i don't want to spend all that money in subs, and it sound like my sundown did. I wired it at .5ohms, and it sounded like shit!

mivtCK.png

way back, probably 2 years ago i had my 2200's strapped @ 1 ohm running my nightshades..never had any issues at all..My voltage never dropped below 13v

2004 Explorer Limited

24" Lexani "pyros" wrapped in 255/30/24 pirelli's

270 Amp MechMan Alt.

(2)Stinger SPP-2150's

(2)Sundown NightShade 15's

IA 40.1

Archived