Second Skin Audio

How low to go? DC audio...

Those subs want 5 cubic feet common chamber tuned to 22hz, 30 sq.in(or, a 5.5"x5.5" port mouth, or 4 3" port mouths) of port, 29" long.

Chuff chuff chuff...

Also, where did you get the t/s at?

theres nothin wrong with that port, go ahead and calculate it yourself.

and you get the T/S from DC's site? lol....

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

196764_213359755345770_100000152410591_946333_5414004_n.jpg

208840_213359788679100_100000152410591_946334_6312314_n.jpg

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

Those subs want 5 cubic feet common chamber tuned to 22hz, 30 sq.in(or, a 5.5"x5.5" port mouth, or 4 3" port mouths) of port, 29" long.

Chuff chuff chuff...

Speaking from experience, I can get port noise out of a 22in^2 port for my 10" Assassin on low notes at 2"+ excursion. I'm going to round the opening over to see how much round-overs really help. I wouldn't use 30" of port for pretty much any pair of 12" subs, even modest ones. I'd guarantee port noise with that small of a port and capable subs like the lvl3's.

I wasn't aware that DC had the specs up for lvl3 motors with lvl4 coils?

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

35 wide, 25 deep, 15 tall

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Chuff chuff chuff...

Speaking from experience, I can get port noise out of a 22in^2 port for my 10" Assassin on low notes at 2"+ excursion. I'm going to round the opening over to see how much round-overs really help. I wouldn't use 30" of port for pretty much any pair of 12" subs, even modest ones. I'd guarantee port noise with that small of a port and capable subs like the lvl3's.

I wasn't aware that DC had the specs up for lvl3 motors with lvl4 coils?

they dont, but its not too hard to figure out what they would be, my looking at the numbers and doing the calculations, also, your port noise was prolly from a poorly designed port >.> no offence, this port area is perfect for this volume and these subs, but then again, you dont have to take my word for it, i just know every enclosure i have designed thus far has been fairly decent....

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

mkay, thats what i used for the sketchup model, if you want a cut list let me know and i will post it tommorow.

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

mkay, thats what i used for the sketchup model, if you want a cut list let me know and i will post it tommorow.

Sure! Thanks!

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

this port area is perfect for this volume and these subs, but then again, you dont have to take my word for it, i just know every enclosure i have designed thus far has been fairly decent....

I've done 300+ designs for other people, and I have never in my life used 30in^2 of port for a pair of 12" subs. Also, using winISD you get a vent mach of .13 using a 5.5"x5.5" port(assuming same sd and xmax as a normal lvl3). Still in the green according to the program, but just barely. And most of the stuff I do keeps vent mach below .7 or so. If you were to use three 4" aeroports, I'd say you'd be fine because the flares obviously cut down on turbulence at the port openings. But a standard slot port that size is going to have noise issues, plain and simple.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

What is port noise? Is that just when you hear the air blowing though? Sorry guys I'm not real knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff.

Ok, I give!! Someone wanna design me a box? The whole having to include x amount of port area blah blah has me beyond lost... It's in a trunk where the entire back seat is down most of the time, so would it be better to go with subs up port back, or subs back port back? I want this box very very low, possibly in the 20's if you guys think it will sound good!! Maybe even low 20's!!! It's just that I have never heard anything tuned that low and I WANNA KNOW what it sounds like DAMNITTT!!!

I'm just going to let the Lowes guys do all the cutting, for $0.25 per cut, I'm tired of screwing up boxes, but I guess it's good because evidently I had no idea what I was doing anyways!