Second Skin Audio

How low to go? DC audio...

I have 2 12" DC audio level 3 (with "level 4 voice coils") and I want to put them in a box that will get really low. After 3 failed attempts at building my own box, I gave up and bought the best pre-fab I could find in town... It gets loud, real loud, but the lows are not very audible and I don't like that. I understand tuning low costs you volume in the long run but I really don't care... Loud is nice and all but when lows hit and you just hear tons of air and woofer flappage... That's annoying to me! My brother is in town though for a week and has tons on woodworking skills so I know he can help me whip up a nice box.

With the above mentioned subs, what would you recommend as far as cuft. per sub and tuning for great lows. Not really asking for a design, just input, but in case it matters my max dimensions are 35x25x15.

On a side note, if the subs are DC level 3 with level 4 voice coils, do they handle 600, or 1000 watts RMS? Is 1000 bad for these subs?

Thanks!

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

I think 35 is too high, maybe lower than 32?...

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

I'm thinking 3.5 cubes total @ 30-32 hz, will the DCs do well at this tuning? They will be seeing 800-900 watts per sub after electrical is done.

post the thiele small sheet in this thread and i will tell you ;) Dc's get pretty damn low, alot better than other brands cough! FiSundownIaSsa lol.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

What vehicle is this in?

1993 Honda Accord

lol @ tuning low sacrificing volume, im tuned to 30 and put up 148's lol, shit idk what....wow i forgot his name, mind fart, the king of pyshclone! i forget what hes tuned to but i know he puts up 157's below 30hz lol

but id tune to 32, im tuned to 30 and i love it, but honestly if i were to build another daily box id tune to 32

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

post the thiele small sheet in this thread and i will tell you ;) Dc's get pretty damn low, alot better than other brands cough! FiSundownIaSsa lol.

The first part of your post confuses me... Yes I know they go low, this is why I chose DC!!