Im gonna try to PM you since our emails seen working for some reason.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I'll email you back first thing in the morning, if not tonight.

The old amp rack was just a carpeted 3/4" MDF board:

amprack1.jpg

It was looking pretty worn and not what I want with this build, so I started on a new Baltic birch rack.

end caps:

amprack3.jpg

amprack5.jpg

amprack6.jpg

1/2" Birch, really couldn't see a reason to use 3/4". Cutting to fit the seat frame

amprack8.jpg

amprack9.jpg

amprack10.jpg

Front pieces

amprack11.jpg

Sides/front/back

amprack12.jpg

amprack13.jpg

amprack14.jpg

amprack15.jpg

amprack16.jpg

Then I started on the top plate, I want the amp flush mounted with a small gap

amprack17.jpg

amprack19.jpg

amprack20.jpg

I was going to finish up, but after taking a step back and a short break I realized this wasn't how I wanted it to look.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I decided to make the amp rack a little less 'puzzle piece' looking.

After removing the sides I threw it on the table saw, chopping off about 3 inches.

amprack22.jpg

amprack23.jpg

I also increased the overall height of the rack a bit, meaning everything had to be redone. Then I made a false floor for the amp itself to sit on, and angled it to match the seat. Then painted it black- the amp will be a snug fit, but there will be a small gap on all sides and I don't want bare wood.

amprack25.jpg

amprack26.jpg

While that was drying I cleaned up the existing wiring, removed an OOOLD 1/4" aluminum ground busbar. It was grounded to the frame and had 3/8" bolts for the amps, but with my new ground bar having over 4 times the metal it's coming out of there. Also my brothers chainsaw leaked oil on the carpet a while back - I'll be shampooing or replacing the whole thing since those stains are looking nasty. With 2 kids under 2 years old spilling things I think I'll wait a bit before replacing the carpet though. :shrug:

amprack27.jpg

Wrapped in vinyl that matches my interior panels pretty well. From different angles it looks exact, others 90%

amprack28.jpg

amprack29.jpg

False floor for the busbars

amprack30.jpg

amprack31.jpg

amprack32.jpg

amprack33.jpg

I've had my windows tinted dark in several vehicles for years now. Probably at least 4 years in this Tahoe with a layer of 5% and a layer of 20% all the way around except the windshield. I've never had an issue with cops, but I got pulled Sunday for tint. I guess I was due, so now I have court in 2 weeks. I'll be removing the tint completely on the front windows that Monday.

Then putting new tint on Friday :yahoo: The way I see it I have an opportunity to replace the 4 year old tint that has some scratches and nicks from passengers throwing their seatbelt off. Also getting my windshield done, the tint shop I use has some really light stuff that I couldn't even tell was there, except for cutting down the glare and giving a bit less 'tunnel vision' look to things.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Very nice work I loved my tahoe with the windshield tinted I had 35% and it was perfect never had a problem even in PA where the law is 70%

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Thanks man glad to hear it. I've been hesitant because the stuff I was offered before was a bit darker and I do drive at night a decent bit. With the family in the car all the time I don't want to risk an accident, but this stuff was so light with the doors open I couldn't even tell it was there, accept for taking the edge off.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Honestly I had 2.5% on the front sides and 35% on the windshield and I saw perfectly at night and I am legally blind without my contacts I probably won't ever have 2.5% ever again but for me 35 on the front was perfect from the inside I couldn't tell it was there night or day but from the outside at night it looked spray painted

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Like the build bro. Planning on doing an amp rack under the rear seat of my 01 Tahoe also. Locked in on your build.

The dirtiest of all "DuDurty"

Thanks, I got a bit of work done today but it may be a slow build.

I wanted to finish up the busbar floor today so it can dry in the hopes I'll get the wiring done tomorrow

amprack34.jpg

Trying to figure out the dimensions I want the opening:

amprack35.jpg

amprack36.jpg

And the hole cut in the top plate:

amprack37.jpg

amprack38.jpg

Laying the bars out on the base:

amprack39.jpg

I was going to measure and mark the holes to drill with a ruler, but I forgot I had my special deep-hole marking pencil:

amprack40.jpg

amprack41.jpg

False floor in place with busbars angled with the seats:

amprack42.jpg

amprack43.jpg

A few more adjustments for wiring:

amprack44.jpg

And a few coats of paint on the floor:

amprack45.jpg

amprack46.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power