Sonic Electronix

So im going to be running 2 selenium 10"s in my doors, and im trying to find amp that will do 200rms, on 2 channels, at 6.5 ohms, that wont break my bank account, and so far, im thinking this is the best amp for the job.

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/2-channel-Car-Amplifier/NEW-CRUNCH-PZT1400.2-1400-WATT-2-CHANNEL-CAR-AMPLIFIER/PZT1400.2.aspx

i'd like to know what you guys think tho. thanks!

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

6.5 ohms? Thats weird coils.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Edit: i have no idea why this double posted.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

6.5 ohms? Thats weird coils.

no, its an "8 ohm driver" but the actual impedence of the coils is about 6.5 ohms, its like that with alot of drivers.

heres the drivers in question: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=264-332&scqty=2

264-332_s.jpg

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

That amp is a POS. Claims 3000x2 but only has 120 fusing. I got a couple RF amps(T400-2, T400-4) for sale. Won't cost you much more than the crappy Lanzar.

i copied the wrong link lol, i fixed it, heres what i meant to post.

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/2-channel-Car-Amplifier/NEW-CRUNCH-PZT1400.2-1400-WATT-2-CHANNEL-CAR-AMPLIFIER/PZT1400.2.aspx

also, i know that lanzar doesnt do rated, but if you do the math it will do about the power i need, which is why i was looking at it, just copied the link from the wrong tab. 120ax14v=1680w, /2 /2 gives me 420 watts for 2 6 ohm loads, 210 per side.

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

I know coils read lower then they are rated at, but 2.5 is alot. Anyway you could wire the two in parellel for 3.25 ohms. So look for an amp that does around 400 at 4 ohms. But thats my .02 cents

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

i could but these are my main speakers, and i dont want them running mono lol, maybe thats just me tho, what does anyone else think of this?

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

Wait are you using these as midbass?

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Mods can delete this thread, i found my amp! : D Brand new crunch 1800.2! just released sexy goodness, and will do what i need! : D thanks for your help tho everyone!

pza18002.jpg

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33119_Crunch-PZA1800.2.html

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever