honestly i just love how the 600s sound. idk i have till summer to wait to get out of college and work full time and possibly have more money to spend. i just wanted opinions

I know bikes are cheaper in the states then here but I dont think you can find a decent 600 for 2k... You might be able to find like an early to mid 90s Kawaski zzr

Edited by bre2ts

you win some, you lose some

yikes insurance is that expensive?? haha i forgot all about insurance FTL :shrug:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Again idk your state laws but they may not require insurance on motorcycles. When you only spend 2k on a bike is it worth paying 600 a month for full coverage? I don't think so. But if you have to get insurance get the minimum liability insurance. Theres no point in paying more in insurance than the bikes value... It be wiser just to buy another one. I personally pay like 600 a year for insurance on the bike and like 300 every 2 years for Japanese cumposarary (sp?) insurance.

puzzled by the whole insurance thing......although I've had my M1 for about 10 years now, and my fully covered 06 Hayabusa only runs $30/month for full coverage :clapping:

as far as starting, you have your "be safe, are you crazy? do you wanna die?.....get a small bike" and you have your "start on what you want, going to have to pay to upgrade later" I myself started on a GSX1000R, and never looked back. build respect for the bike, the power, and you'll be fine.

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

He's 20, guessing he's not married, going to be his first bike all these things factor into his premiums also got to consider what deductible he wants. It's not so cut and dry, price setting.

As for telling him to start out where he wants, I think that's horrible advice. I'm glad starting off on a 1000 worked out for you but it doesn't for most. Do you know how many times I have seen people leave the MSF course go out and buy a bike to big for there experience level and crash it. Way too many times. I am sure he would rather start off smaller develop his skills and work his way up to whatever bike size he desires, than start off with a bike that's too big for his experience level crashing and losing all his money he put into it or even die from the crash. So he loses a couple hundred dollars doing it the right way. It's better than losing thousands or his life.

Not everyone needs to ride a large bike. A 5'4" fit guy doesn't need a bike bike to go fast and knee drag plenty. Start off smaller and DEVELOP your skills and work your way up as your skill levels increase.

Those modern Kawi/honda 250 sport bikes are pretty badass lol- you can get '09 or '10 models for 3k so i'm sure you can get a few years older for 2k. If I didn't have years of riding off road experience that is what I would have done. After spending almost a week on my 800 I think it is way to much power for right now, would not recommend jumping on anything and going. A sport 250 is nothing like you have mentioned. Also, I think it is more fun to ride around a 250 with a wide open fuckin throttle than have a liter bike and have to feather everything because its so damn powerful.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

You can pick up 250s for like 1200 all day long if they are 05s and 06s. I personally started on a 750, and would never want anything smaller then a 600. First bike I ever rode was an 1100...as 98crew said, imo a 600 is a good bike for a bigger guy. Im 6 foot athletic body style and 600 is minimum i go. I knew that, like with anything I want/do its go big or go home. I am one of those guys that if I would have started with a 250 id be kicking myself in the ass 2 weeks later wanting something bigger. If you're worried about it and dont want much power go for a 250. OR take a riding class and get comfy with a 600. Imo, theres nothing worse then wasting money on a 250 if you have any doubt that you might want something bigger.