Second Skin Audio

Apline type R or Ascendant Audio arsenal?

Looking at either 2 12" Alpine type R's (the newer 600Watt version) or 2 12" Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Which subs would be better in terms of SQ and SPL?. They'll be put in a ported box tuned to around 35Hz and getting 600 Watts each. I'm leaning more towards the Arsenals, but their RMS is 100 Watts less than the type R, but they will be getting the same power either way I go, I want it to be loud, but i don't want to lose too much sound quality, from what I've heard the Arsenals will sound better and the Type R's will be louder, anyone have any experience with either or both of these subs? It's so hard to chose! :(

Edited by 3kout

this was a debate i had with a coworker

I sided on the Ascendant side all around, he sided on the Type R side

Arsenal sounds better

Loudness they are about the same

Type R's are dirt cheap

I would go with the AA's on everything, but they are more expensive.

EDIT: The AA's can easily take that 100 extra watts, no problem.

Edited by blownengine

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Ive ran the Type Rs before both 10s and 12s. (older models) that were rated at 500 rms. In both applications i loved the Type Rs but never heard the AAs. Im sure you could find the Alpines for a little bit cheaper then the AAs. But from my side i liked them. But as to the other posters i would put my faith in James dude has had more subs then Charlie Sheen has had WINS. :lol:

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

ive heard both type Rs and Arsenals...in sound they both sound simmiliar, but in the price range i would choose the Alpines.....+ if you blow the sub you can get a cheap recone..

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X