mhuck123 Posted April 2, 2011 Report Posted April 2, 2011 It's that time. I've had this car in it's current form for quite some time and it was nice but I need more. Pretty much going to go over the whole car from top to bottom. The planning and some of the work has been underway for some time now but the boys on SMD get a little impatient so I wanted to be partly through before posting Here is where we started The beast She came two tone from the factory Power rear seats Suede headliner stock too Threw some Brembos on Focal 3 way set with big ass kicks Couple Xtant 1001's MTX 9500's 12" in a small ass box So that is where I started. Next post will be where we have been since then. Need to upload some more photos. Still hashing out the audio as I get some other things worked out. I have a lot of options at my disposal so I am a little unsure how to proceed. I'm sure a couple of you will guide me in one way or another. Right now I have some PPI 12's, the MTX 9500 12's and a DC LVL5 18 on deck and a full car worth of either Xtant (2-1001's,2200,2100) or Zapco amps (9.0,4.0,3.0). Gonna need more power if I go with the 18 but it's a start. More to come.... Starting From Scratch!!
98crewcab Posted April 2, 2011 Report Posted April 2, 2011 nice benzo bra!!! what is that under the hood? v10? 06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck) 7" BDS HC lift kit (5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts (5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962 tablet in lieu of deck blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control) 4 Alpine type r 10's 6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz 2 brutus brx5000.5's 2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars 4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps 1 pair 8" polk audio for mids 2 xspower d3400 batteries.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!
Azagtoth502 Posted April 2, 2011 Report Posted April 2, 2011 nice benzo bra!!! what is that under the hood? v10? 12 Cyl FTW! pa-pa-platypus sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls
Azagtoth502 Posted April 2, 2011 Report Posted April 2, 2011 LOVE S classes from any year! pa-pa-platypus sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls
mhuck123 Posted April 2, 2011 Author Report Posted April 2, 2011 Yes sir V12!! It's a 1997, from what I heard only the 97 and 98 are good. The others have a lot of problems I guess. Starting From Scratch!!
94retta(219) Posted April 3, 2011 Report Posted April 3, 2011 S-class anything is great. New old, just depends how its treated. BUILD LOG
mhuck123 Posted April 3, 2011 Author Report Posted April 3, 2011 So here we go with a little bit of the teardown. Had to remove everything because the box for the 9500's was just too small. I could barely hit 130 with the Zapco 9.0 running full tilt. I think they are capable of a lot more. Let the teardown begin!!! When the beauty panels come off you can see just how small the box was, the poor guys were choking in there!!! I had changed the Xtants out to Zapco's but at that point I realized just how much the box was holding me back. Ahhh, now there is room to breathe!! I am seriously contemplating using the original area of the box and the spare tire well to get the maximum airspace but I also like the fact that I could do a trick amp rack or maybe an airbag setup in there, we'll see! Looking so lonely all by himself, I think he might need a friend or two... Maybe one or two over here....? Rear dock already a blowthrough so no worries there Another angle from the trunk I work for a large bank so I really don't get much time. Also got three kids so this will be a slow process but keep checking back and I hope to get updates on here at least weekly. I have a little more work done but I want to spread out the action so that it stays interesting. I can promise you this, this car will be COMPLETELY different when done. I plan on touching almost every inch of the car so stay tuned. Starting From Scratch!!
Azagtoth502 Posted April 7, 2011 Report Posted April 7, 2011 I'll be tuned in pa-pa-platypus sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.