Second Skin Audio

Hmmm, first box design

I do not know what you mean by sub volume. I have it now where it says port bends, and I have 35 Hz and within the port area range. Now my question is, it says my net volume is 2.01, my box is supposed to be 2.4 Cu. Will that have any effect?

box2w.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

make the box bigger to account for more volume and as for the sub volume they take up space in the box when you put them in so you have to account for the space that they take up

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

How can I find the volume of my sub? 5.13" depth and 9.25" diameter. I have adjusted the calculator so now its 2.50 net so Hopefully they are .05 a piece lol. (doubt it)

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

probably more like .12

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

If you would like I can desighn your box for you. Just give me the availbe dimensions. You also have to make sure the box will fit in the opening of the trunk (IF its a trunk). Im at work so if I dont respond PM me. I think you should learn for your self but if I give you the design maybe when you plug in the numbers in to the calc. it will be more clear...

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

are they the jbl 10s in your sig?

if so i cant see them being much more than .1 (they def arent .05)

my sundown SA8s are ~.1 and the mag is massive for an 8 so for a close guesstimate i would use .1 or so that is for each woofer so you would be at ~.2

you should be ok volume wise with what you have you just have to watch out for the tuning just put .2 as sub displacement and see what happens to your tuning those subs will be fine if you are a tad under 2.4cuft

Edited by zayres29

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

my sundown SA8s are ~.1 and the mag is massive for an 8 so for a close guesstimate i would use .1 or so that is for each woofer so you would be at ~.2

you should be ok volume wise with what you have you just have to watch out for the tuning just put .2 as sub displacement and see what happens to your tuning those subs will be fine if you are a tad under 2.4cuft

I think hes running 2 12's so I would say more like 2.5 or so

Edited by TIG

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

I think hes running 2 12's so I would say more like 2.5 or so

9.25" diameter?? i dont think they make 12s that small

haha maybe I am wrong but I could have swore he said he was using 12's. so yeah .2-.22 sounds good for 2 10's

I hate country too..

To blazer, here is everything you need to know, The width must be 33" height and depth cannot exceed 17" each. I have a 91 hatchback civic so it can fit through a door if I cannot fit it through the back which I am sure I will be able to. The subs are 1.20 Cu a piece and I have 2, they need to be at 35 Hz. Here is the rest of the info on the subs, straight from the online manual. I will still work on my own design, just so I have more practice with it, when I get your I will take into account anything and everything on yours to make mine the best I can for my setup.

DIAMETER: 10" (254.0 MM)

SENSITIVITY (2.83 V @ 1 M): 94 dB

POWER HANDLING: 260 WRMS

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 30 ~ 3,500 HZ

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 4 OHMS (PER COIL)

VOICE-COIL DIAMETER: 2.0" (50.7 MM)

THIELE-SMALL PARAMETERS*

VOICE COIL DC RESISTANCE: REVC (OHMS) . . . . . . 1.54

VOICE COIL INDUCTANCE @ 1 KHZ: LEVC (MH). . . . . . . . 1.22

DRIVER RADIATING AREA: SD (IN2) . . . . . . . . 54.78

SD (CM2). . . . . . . 355.00

MOTOR FORCE FACTOR: BL . . . . . . . . . 7.22

COMPLIANCE VOLUME: VAS (FT3). . . . . . . . . 2.63

VAS (LITERS). . . . . . 62.10

SUSPENSION COMPLIANCE: CMS (μM/N) . . . . 443.54

MOVING MASS, AIR LOAD: MMS (GRAMS) . . . . . 74.66

MOVING MASS, DIAPHRAGM: MMD (GRAMS). . . . . 71.46

FREE-AIR RESONANCE: FS (HZ) . . . . . . . . 27.66

MECHANICAL Q: QMS . . . . . . . . . . . 10.98

ELECTRICAL Q: QES . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.38

TOTAL Q: QTS . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.37

MAGNETIC-GAP HEIGHT: HAG (IN) . . . . . . . . . 0.31

HAG (MM) . . . . . . . . 7.92

VOICE-COIL HEIGHT: HVC (IN) . . . . . . . . . 0.88

HVC (MM) . . . . . . . 22.23

MAXIMUM EXCURSION: XMAX (IN) . . . . . . . . 0.28

XMAX (MM). . . . . . . . 7.15

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm