Second Skin Audio

T-line Box Made Done

i wonder how those ports being like that affects the bass.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Go read my pinned topic, Quarter wave tutorial-somewhat under I think it was Subwoofers/Enclosures

Its not a port, its in a way, well it is, an alignment guide for the woofers front wave, and rear wave to react in a way to make Lots of bass, at a low freq. Its easy to make 138db at 60hz on 1 sub, but to make 138db at 30hz with 1 sub is a little harder, but useing this style box, it uses every bit of the subs potential to creat DBs, with low power. Its putting the subwoofer in its PERFECT envirnment

Hands down, ever box design I have ever tested ( Over 150 in 2 years) This is the box design I liked the best for out put per cone area, low freq extension, efficiency with power

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Go read my pinned topic, Quarter wave tutorial-somewhat under I think it was Subwoofers/Enclosures

Its not a port, its in a way, well it is, an alignment guide for the woofers front wave, and rear wave to react in a way to make Lots of bass, at a low freq. Its easy to make 138db at 60hz on 1 sub, but to make 138db at 30hz with 1 sub is a little harder, but useing this style box, it uses every bit of the subs potential to creat DBs, with low power. Its putting the subwoofer in its PERFECT envirnment

Hands down, ever box design I have ever tested ( Over 150 in 2 years) This is the box design I liked the best for out put per cone area, low freq extension, efficiency with power

does it also excel in the upper frequencies for burps?

i likes me some audio stuff...

ive made a 6.5" tline @70hz, and a 15" Kove armegedon sealed, on a Memphis Belle 1300 (sub portion) the 6.5" was a single 6ohm, so Iam guessing it was around 250rms, the 15 was a dual 2 ohm, wired 4ohm , so about 400rms, that 6.5 in the tline @70hz was as loud audibly as that 15" sealed. And the 15" ofcourse played alot better on the low end, but bottom line is, the 6.5" clowned the 15, cone to cone to output to put

I also did a 60hz fart box tline once, and it was insane for the short weekend I had it ( sold it)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

hey great box!!! dont run that speaker wire all the way through that port... lol

drill some holes on the side next to the sub hole and then put some bolts through there.. that will let your speaker wire be shorter and it wont be going crazy in that port... lol.. which depending on how the wires are mounted on the sub, could cause them to come loose...

06 SCION tC

amatt- once you get the jist of them, and built about 5, and find out what subs work best, and if you should taper the boxes or not, you will really appreciate the design... And dont forget, there are about 10 off the top of my head (quarter wave designs) that you can use.

Common tline

tline tapered, or

flared out like a horn

single tuned bandpass quarter wave, again, tapered, horn loaded

ported tline bandpass

dual tuned bandpass tline

isobaric single tuned or dual tuned bandpass tline

there are lots of variations

just practice whenever you have scrap wood with a small subwoofer, and work from there

sundown.jpg