Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

moar :drink40:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Ok, we decided we wanted to go all the way to the ceiling with the baffle, to ensure that we have enough room for subs to be stacked 2-high. The top of the box was going to be about four inches from the headliner at the front of the box, because the roof slopes down as it goes toward the back of the car. So we had to make an "add-on" to "raise the roof" of the box at the front, near the baffle:

SANY0485.jpg

SANY0486.jpg

Test fit:

SANY0488.jpg

This will add about .8 cubic feet to interior box volume. We already had the recommended 16 cubes that DD says is optimal for these subs, so now I guess we can add extra braces to make up the difference....

ftw. btw is this close to done arleady and your just holding out on pics?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Even for those to be entry level they're still nice

I hope so. We almost went with Alpine Type R's, because I've heard a lot of good about them, but then the owner of the shop we use recommended these instead. They don't cost that much more than the Alpines, and he says they will be well worth the difference in price. Being as how I've never actually heard either woofer in use (in real life anyway), I am pretty much taking his word for it. We'll see......

I hope so. We almost went with Alpine Type R's, because I've heard a lot of good about them, but then the owner of the shop we use recommended these instead. They don't cost that much more than the Alpines, and he says they will be well worth the difference in price. Being as how I've never actually heard either woofer in use (in real life anyway), I am pretty much taking his word for it. We'll see......

You will be happier with DDs over Alpine.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

A little painting:

SANY0494.jpg

SANY0500.jpg

SANY0501.jpg

SANY0503.jpg

Added some 2x4 baffle braces, as well as a double layer on the back wall, and a front-rear 2x4 brace:

SANY0513.jpg

SANY0514.jpg

SANY0515.jpg

Starting on the baffle:

SANY0516.jpg

SANY0517.jpg

Router jig I made:

SANY0519.jpg

SANY0518.jpg

I cut out an inset to hold the router tight, so I don't have to bolt it down:

SANY0522.jpg

Works like a charm:

SANY0528.jpg

SANY0531.jpg

SANY0532.jpg

Finally starting to look like something:

SANY0534.jpg

SANY0535.jpg

Baffle is just sitting there, not attached yet.

ftw. btw is this close to done arleady and your just holding out on pics?

This is pretty much where we are now. Started running zero guage to the back of the car, but don't have the batteries installed yet. Still need to figure out something for amp racks and trim panels back there, but concentrating on finishing the box first.

SANY0502.jpg

We are taking our time, trying to do things right, till funds allow purchase of the other two woofers and the amps. Hopefully within the next week or so. Until then, I'll update as the build continues.

Great build so far. How thick are you going to make the baffle?

It will be 1.5 inches thick (2 sheets of .75" MDF). With all the 2x4s behind it, I really don't think it will flex much. There are supports all the way around each woofer hole, never more than a few inches away.

Archived