'91 Civic hatchback wall build

Got some goodies today. Namely, everything we've been waiting on to finish this build: 2 amps and the other two subwoofers, as well as some carpet, a distribution block, and some other odds and ends.

sany0564.jpg

By shooterk2 at 2011-04-13

Of course, the carpet can wait..........we just wanna hear this thing BANG........so we threw the subs in, wired up the amps, and hit the road (out of the neighborhood).......

Yes, it's loud. To us anyway. It moves a lot of air, that's for sure. Seems loudest with doors closed and one window down. It will certainly clear your chest, and get the cops called even though we are a good quarter-mile from the nearest house.

From the beginning of this project, we set our goal at 150 db on music. I don't really know if it's doing it right now or not, but then again, we only fooled with it for a few minutes (before the cops showed up), so there will be some tweaking to get it louder still. The guy that runs the shop that sold me the subs and wire is very knowledgeable (has done really well in db drag in years past), and is gonna hook me up on his Term Lab when we get ready, so we will see.

Here's some pics:

sany0570r.jpg

sany0572t.jpg

sany0571.jpg

We just screwed the amps down for the time being (this is NOT how this will look when we are finished. We have lots of work to do back here yet):

sany0576.jpg

No vids yet, as we had very limited time before dark. Soon, though, very soon.

The next few days will be filled with gain-matchin', carpet-layin', amp-rackin', wire-tuckin', panel-makin', and paint-sprayin'. As well as taking lots of breaks to "go listen to the system", only this time, we have to drive PLUM out in the country.......

Metered the car today. We've said since the beginning of the project that we would be happy with a 150..............

img0228t.jpg

By shooterk2 at 2011-04-14

HOWEVER..............this was in the kick (outlaw style) and using a 53 htz tone. We didn't try music.

Highest we could get on the dash:

img0227cx.jpg

We are happy. And we will keep tweaking things and making adjustments and the subs will get broken (they are mega stiff right now), so we will see how it goes.

We are certainly happy with how it SOUNDS........... it hits you in the chest and becomes almost inbearable to sit in very long. We plan to compete locally, just for fun.

Now, back to the INSTALL portion of this build......

Metered the car today. We've said since the beginning of the project that we would be happy with a 150..............

img0228t.jpg

HOWEVER..............this was in the kick (outlaw style) and using a 53 htz tone. We didn't try music.

Highest we could get on the dash:

img0227cx.jpg

We are happy. And we will keep tweaking things and making adjustments and the subs will get broken (they are mega stiff right now), so we will see how it goes.

We are certainly happy with how it SOUNDS........... it hits you in the chest and becomes almost inbearable to sit in very long. We plan to compete locally, just for fun.

Now, back to the INSTALL portion of this build......

Nice, this thing looks sweet. Keep em coming!

your car peaks at 53hz??

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Nice :popcorn: My civic peaks at 53hz to....I have 4-18s walled.

No warranty

95 civic

air-ride RE-5 slam specialties

4-18's Dc xlm2's tuned 35hz

2-1100.1's @ .35 each

2-SD 250.2 nano amps

3-deka 9a31 1-deka 35ah

2-250 amp alts/ Adjustable regulator

159 sealed @ dash 51hz

Nice :popcorn: My civic peaks at 53hz to....I have 4-18s walled.

Good-GOSH-O-MIGHTY man!! Do you have a build log somewhere, or at least some pics of your install? I love looking at hatchback walls (now that I am building one).

That thing has got to be a monster!

Archived