Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

So one of my friend's told another friend that his system will be louder sealed...LOL...His explanation is because "the low frequencys are gonna be a lot louder than that ported box" (i made for my friend)...I just laughed at him and told him to STFU...my other friend believes me but please guys do me a favor and tell this dumbass that ported is louder than sealed..

Box I made is tunned @33hz with 58sqin of port.

LOL fucking idiots...I hate when people talk about shit they don't know. He also thinks that sealed is louder because a local piece of shit store is too lazy to make custom ported boxes so all of their boxes are sealed...Their explanation "sealed sounds better and get's louder because of all the frequencys they can play"...Kinda hard to seem like your right when your only 17 argueing with three 40year olds that run the shop :-[

Again- I hate it when people talk out of their ass! >:(

Posted

Come on dude, you been ehre long enough to know where stuff goes ;)

LOl posted it in the off topic since it isn't a question...just a thread for you guys to talk shit to this retard...I wasn't sure where to post :- Thanks for moving it any ways :^
Posted

I think it could go either way.  If you are talking about boxes like the wicked one then probably not but just your typical round or slot ported box does not necessarily have to be louder than the sealed.  Going from a sealed to ported box usually means you will now require slightly less power to reach the same throw.  However, drivers tend to be able to handle slightly less power in a ported box because it is now easier to reach the mechanical limits of the speaker.  Watt for watt a ported will probably be louder but giving the sealed more power makes it possible to be just as loud.  My two cents.  Maybe I'm wrong but hey, I'm convicing enough to get people to believe me.

Current Setup : Nothing
2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

Something along those lines.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 572 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...