Sonic Electronix

I have an Audiopipe 3500 on a Fi BTL 18, have been beating it fine for about 2 months now and on the way home from college tonight it cut in and out about 4 times then stopped working. It wasn't even turned up enough to actually bang, just enough to blend in with the highs/mids at low volume. I checked the amp and its not in protect so I checked all of the wiring to make sure everything was connected and it was, pulled the sub out of the box to see if the speaker wires were in and they were. What else could it be?

Fried a voice coil maybe, put a multi meter to the coils and check if they are tge rated ohms or close to it

Edited by sr20daze

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/

Fried a voice coil maybe, put a multi meter to the coils and check if they are tge rated ohms or close to it

Do they go bad on low volume levels? Seems odd, its not being overpowered at all I only have the gain set to 2000 watts before box rise.

Edited by Dinzu

You using any bass boost? are you sure the amp is even putting out anything? and what's the voltage looking like at the amp.

Bass boost was on 4db. And are you talking voltage at the speaker - and +? Drove an hour and a half with it barely moving(flat eq settings, volume on 24/35, bass almost completely off) when this happened so not sure why it would of been clipping with those settings.

I'll put a DMM on the speaker terminals tomorrow morning though and see if the coils are fine.

Edited by Dinzu