Mechman Alternators

Failing alternator.

I purchased a 250A alternator from you about 2 years ago, the first show i took it to within 5 minutes i had no charging at idle (bad diode) so i sent it in for repair, and tore the entire stereo out of my vehicle in fury.

I then ran a 4kw amp on the original 130A factory alt, with no issues, i finally put the 250A mechman alt back in that was freshly repaired and the vehicle was parked while i played with my jeep. I have been driving the explorer with no cd player at all since the repair. We hook up a powerbass 4k at 2 ohm to the vehicle with plenty of 2/0 runs with plans to just test the enclosure on around 2kw.

Within half a block the alternator light was on and i would lose voltage at idle (12.8) While playing i never saw below 14.5V and it literally got 2 bass notes and 1 drum kick in. The alternator currently charges at 2000ish rpms approximately 14.5V but the battery light is still on. Is this a bad rectifier? If sitting at idle with nothing on it slowly comes down to 12.8V.

What are my options? I also called and left a message monday, and have since called to get through but have not left another message.

Is there something inherently wrong with the 4g ford alternator? Have you revised this design?

I would love for this to get repaired but if i could just get a decent price on a updated design i would much rather do that. Hell even a 220A that works would be nice.

I have also had similar issues with a toyota corolla where the alternator would fail on a 2kw amp. It had been sent in 2-3 times before the car was crashed.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

I just came in from experiencing same voltage issues. I have a new belt on it on 2/14/11 but its there 240 amp alt on a different car. The belt was new stretched and squeaked a bit tightened it a bit more and had been fine until today. Today was really hot out and I just finished tightening belt a bit more since I'm hoping it was affected by the heat and stretched a little more. Tomorrow I'm getting a clamp to see what its putting out. I'm just scared it most likely its the same as your situation.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Everything is in good shape i just think maybe the rectifier is bad or the regulator is not comunicating with the computer not letting it "ramp" up the voltage at idle?

I really need this fixed. I would hate to throw it away and pay big bucks to have a company make me an alt.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

I been thinking the same thing my alt has that adjustable voltage boost module harness which I have tinkered with and like that after warm up my voltage had always sat at 14.8 to 14.6v but towards the end of today the car would nearly stall out. I just came in from a test drive after tightening belt some more and voltage is at 14.8 14.7v. I have wondered what would happen or if its ok to connect my cars alt cable directly to alt without the AVBM.

Regardless if its something messed up that keeps failing even after two years hopefully they can take care of you. My unit is supposed to be redesigned from the last year model but I think sometimes the alt and cars computer bump heads still.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

making me nervous for when I get my mazda3, was gonna order an alt from mechman, but hmmm :(

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Dont let one instance change your mind, this alt was made 2 years ago and is in a vehicle notorious for having a terrible aftermarket alternator. Ford 4gs are junk.

I just want to know what my options are since i have honestly had trouble every time i have tried to use this alt. Im even willing to send it back and add some money to get an upgrade or just a better alt.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Mr.P speaks truth, what made you go with mechman? the changable voltage?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

no they had something for me and answered the phone. Mine aint officially screwed either I might be over reacting and all mine needed was tightening of belt since my car does not have a auto belt tensioner. Tomorrow I will let the last thing be the judge and thats going to be the clamp.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

would you buy mm again mr.p

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK