Second Skin Audio

Torres box calculator

eric78702

read this

Box Frequency Tuning Calculator - FAQ/Tip Guide

1 - First and foremost, the RE calculator is *not* spot on, and is limited in design, so no, it will not match this calculator.

2 - When doing an oddly shaped box such as a fiberglass box, or you know the volume of a certain box you have in mind

that you want to build, put the net volume in the 'Desired Net Volume' box. This will bypass all dimensions entered

preventing you from having to guess dimensions to get a certain net volume and will allow you to tinker with different

port sizes and tuning. So if you know you want a box with 4 cubic feet of net volume, enter '4' into that box and it

will allow you to adjust tuning accordingly to that specific volume. Keep in mind that any displacement nor port volume

is NOT subtracted from this total.

3 - The 'Desired Gross Volume' box acts much like the Desired Net Volume box, except all displacements are taken into

effect.

4 - If the number of aero ports is greater than 0, then that automatically gets taken into effect and the calculator ignores

the dimensions for slot ports.

5 - The '# of Common Port Walls' box refers to how many sides of the box are going to act as sides of the port.

6 - Port length uses the box wall or baffle(s) as part of the port length. So a port that is 10" long with one baffle using .75"

wood will only need to be 9.25" long as the box wall or baffle(s) will account for the other .75". If using two baffles,

then it would be 8.5" long as the baffle will account for 1.5" of port length.

7 - Port walls are defaulted with a .75" thickness.

8 - Regular square/rectangle boxes do not need any numbers entered into the 'Height 2' or 'Depth 2' boxes.

9 - Pressing 'Enter' will prompt the program to print.

10 - Slot port area range is based on 12-16 square inches of port per cubic foot, while aero ports are based on 9-13 square

inches per cubic foot.

10 - On the cut sheets of boxes with different depths and heights, you'll notice 'H1' or 'D2' next to the measurements.

These represent which dimension is which. Here are two pictures to illustrate:

Box with one height, but two different depths: http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8449/angledcutsheet1.png

Box with two heights and two different depths: http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/607/angledcutsheet2.png

If they do not go in the proper order, the sheet will not come out properly.

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

--Here is the formula the calculator uses (the same on displayed in the program itself):

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2590/tuningformula.jpg

--The following are links that illustrate how each ported box is taken into effect in the calculator (sub and port position can be upwards with the same effect):

1 - Port with 0 common walls: independentport.jpg

2 - Slot port with 1 common wall: bottomportbox.jpg

3 - Slot port with 2 common walls: middleportbox.jpg

4 - Slot port with 3 common walls: slotportbox.jpg

--The images were made with Google Sketchup. Free to use: http://sketchup.google.com/

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

make your own visual do you need everything handed to you or what>?

yeah it makes things a lot easier for me haha:)

With this response don't expect any help. Get off your ass, use your own brain, and fours it out. Or cough up the cash or someone to hold your hand and design one

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

make your own visual do you need everything handed to you or what>?

yeah it makes things a lot easier for me haha:)

With this response don't expect any help. Get off your ass, use your own brain, and fours it out. Or cough up the cash or someone to hold your hand and design one

I think I would want someone to hold my hand and design one for me because I know it's right and not wrong. You feel me?

Then pay someone for a design

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Na I'll just asking someone to help me. Someone will be willing to.

lol

Did Joo pay copywrite fee's for your avatar pic???

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

lol

no seriously read my fucking post up top it tells you the how two's of torres calc

play around with it and come back to us (in this thread) with what you've come up with and we'll help you from there but if your going to be a little stubborn child not wanting to learn how to learn anything because something as stupid as i cant picture it

ps.. learn how to use googlesketchup

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

lol

no seriously read my fucking post up top it tells you the how two's of torres calc

play around with it and come back to us (in this thread) with what you've come up with and we'll help you from there but if your going to be a little stubborn child not wanting to learn how to learn anything because something as stupid as i cant picture it

ps.. learn how to use googlesketchup

I came up with something but I can't post it >|

Archived