Sundown Audio

Dirty Amps/ Clean Amps ???

TBusaMike

that local shop guy is a tool.

its kinda messed up to say that your stuff is "junk" just so he can try and sell you his stuff.

theres nothing wrong with audiopipe amps, they will make "clean" power with good voltage.

there are better amps out there but youll have to shell out the $$

Well I sorta have to agree with you Guys, in that he showed me a car they were working on and the only difference I could see was the car they had, had more speakers (mids and highs) and 2 4 channel amps and 1 bridgable 2 channel...But my truck clearly pounded harder and was equally as clear....They claimed their system hadnt been fully tuned yet but come back tomorrow

How does what he says apply to you when you say yourself that you enjoy the sound your getting? That's all that matters, your system if for you, not for others. Enjoy it with the equipment you want to.

"Bet That" Bet That Sh!t"

Its more of a sound quality issue, it has to do with the power that is being outputted to be more linear and transparent if that is fair to say.

A cheaper amp may sound more like it is yelling at you through the speakers and you can close your eyes and pin point were the sound is coming from verse the sound of a higher end amp may be more transparent and when you close your eyes it is harder to pin point were the sound is coming from as the sound feels more like it is all around you instead of coming straight at you.

Thats the best I can explain dirty power verse clean power. Like I said it is more of a sound quality issue.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

No and how is the power dirty still after gain is set with oscope for a pure sine wave?

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

No and how is the power dirty still after gain is set with oscope for a pure sine wave?

I hope that this response isn't aimed at me.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

It is. You're experiencing something called psychoacoustics.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Let me guess. he sells rockford stuff so automatically every other brand in the world is junk.

Bingo!!

Fucking right! Every shop is going to have a clever way to slam the competition to push their brand. It's all propaganda. Do your own research and tell the shops what you want... don't let them tell you what you want. They're experts in selling their stuff, and mediocre at best installing the stuff.... they'll never set up your system the way you would if you knew all what a pro installer knows.

Every once in a while you'll find a shop that will shoot straight, however they might not be in business for long. BS sells.

OP, if your setup sounds clean, fuck 'em. They're just trying to sell you.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Let me guess. he sells rockford stuff so automatically every other brand in the world is junk.

Bingo!!

Fucking right! Every shop is going to have a clever way to slam the competition to push their brand. It's all propaganda. Do your own research and tell the shops what you want... don't let them tell you what you want. They're experts in selling their stuff, and mediocre at best installing the stuff.... they'll never set up your system the way you would if you knew all what a pro installer knows.

Every once in a while you'll find a shop that will shoot straight, however they might not be in business for long. BS sells.

OP, if your setup sounds clean, fuck 'em. They're just trying to sell you.

....I love this site.....You Guys are apsolutely right....I installed my own system learning the different stuff off of this site....AND IT SOUNDS GREAT to me....And if it didnt ? Id just do it again.....It just a hobby to me Thanks Guys !!! Absolutly I mean

It is. You're experiencing something called psychoacoustics.

So you honestly believe that the quality of parts that make up an amplifier won't change the sound quality of an amp?

If so why do a lot of these companies make different lines of amplifiers that are of a different quality.

Terryswork001.png

Is he really goin there with iso?

Fail in 3..

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived