Sundown Audio

Dirty Amps/ Clean Amps ???

TBusaMike

Hey Guys.... Im new here in the forum, but Id like to ask a question...I just got back into car audio in the last 9 months or so and thought I was doing ok, but the local sound shop Guy just FU@KED me up and said that my Audiopipe 3000 amp was junk compared to Punch stuff. He futher went on to say that my amp is considered to be "dirty" while the Punch was "clean. My sh!t bangs and my mids and highs are worth taking your hat off to. Can anyone explain the difference other than price and the fact that the Audiopipe has a built in fan and the Punch doesnt.

Audiopipe 3000d on 3 12" Audiopipe TXX BD-12's in a 6' ported box tuned to 32 hz

Audiopipe 2000.4 on Infinity 6.5 componets in the doors and set of the same in custom boxes in the rear

AudioControl Three.1

Kenwood BT945 HeadUnit

Big 3 wiring

1998 Chevy Silverado Ext cab Dually

I want to have a clean/crisp system that pounds pretty descent.....WTF !!! Am I selling this stuff or what ?

The audiopipe may put out a more distorted signal than most high end amps. Same as the hifonics brutus line they used to ride, the amps drop in do not sound as deep or clean it is hard to explain but there is a different sound coming from a cheap amp to a higher end amp.

It may or may not be audible in your setup who knows. Tell them to hand you a T2500 and prove it :popcorn:

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Let me guess. he sells rockford stuff so automatically every other brand in the world is junk.

Bingo!!

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

that local shop guy is a tool.

its kinda messed up to say that your stuff is "junk" just so he can try and sell you his stuff.

theres nothing wrong with audiopipe amps, they will make "clean" power with good voltage.

there are better amps out there but youll have to shell out the $$

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

You get dirty signals when you don't know how to set the gains right. And psychoacoustics take a lot of credit for those that say the audiopipes sound "different" than other amps.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

How does what he says apply to you when you say yourself that you enjoy the sound your getting? That's all that matters, your system if for you, not for others. Enjoy it with the equipment you want to.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Archived