Sonic Electronix

I trust the guy, believe me, he wasn't trying to cheat me out of money he's always willing to answer my stupid questions and recommends things to me and gives me honest opinions. He showed me the pricing that he gets on the wire and charged me that so it wasn't anything money, I'm sure of that. It's not burning it's just like a smell I've never smelled before. It's hard for me to discribe but it happens after excess bumpin.

Mine starts smelling if I bump it loud but it's the smell of the wood off my box. Does your smell sound similar?

I'll test that smell out when I'm off work tomorrow at a park or something I really would like to know, it's literally just an odd smell that will happen after a little bit of bumpin. OH and the amp I currently have is Quantum Audio 2k rms amp but I'm going to switch to a Crescendo Audio BC3500 whenever I get it. I was just really more concerned on the ground wire/power wire if it could cause it to mess anything up seriously and if so could it cause this off smell.

I'll test that smell out when I'm off work tomorrow at a park or something I really would like to know, it's literally just an odd smell that will happen after a little bit of bumpin. OH and the amp I currently have is Quantum Audio 2k rms amp but I'm going to switch to a Crescendo Audio BC3500 whenever I get it. I was just really more concerned on the ground wire/power wire if it could cause it to mess anything up seriously and if so could it cause this off smell.

If your gains were not set with an oscilloscope make that top priority along with making your power and ground wires the same gauge.

this sounds like one shady guy. i wouldn't trust him if i were you :nea:

the power and ground wire need to be the same size. the amp needs to get rid of just as much power as it does take in. a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. and in your case your power wire might as well be 4awg too.

as far as the big 3 goes, if you've got an amp that is using 1/0awg it would definitely be in your best interest to get it done. the stock wires in your car were NOT meant to handle aftermarket audio systems. period.

your car's electrical system is also a part of the same chain your amp is on. the wires coming to and from your alternator and battery need to be the same size as the power wire of your amp.

the big 3 will ensure that your car's electrical system works optimally. your alternator can charge your battery faster, and your battery can ground more efficiently.

you will likely see less headlight dimming, and more power going to your amp when you do it. it's likely going to relieve some stress on your alternator too.

now if your headlights still dim after you do this, it's time to look into a better battery! :good:

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I didn't realise changing the engine grounds would drastically change the performance, appreciated. Now as far as the oscrilloscope, where can I get one, average cost, and how the hell do I use it lol.

Well you better have about $250 handy if you want one.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Your power and ground wires do NOT need to be the same size. The ground wire is typically so short that it isn't impossible that a smaller gauge wire will suffice. That being said, you can't go wrong running the same size wire.

However, the big 3 can never hurt and will almost always be beneficial.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I didn't realise changing the engine grounds would drastically change the performance, appreciated. Now as far as the oscrilloscope, where can I get one, average cost, and how the hell do I use it lol.

You can find them online and yes as mentioned a few posts above, they are quite expensive. Steve Meade is working with Tony from Rockford Fosgate on a new device that will tell you whether you are clipping your gains or not. Check out his YouTube channel for more information.