2 15s or 2 18s

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

I'd do a pair of 18" SSD's...if you have the room.

^^ this guy knows what's up! :drinks:

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i sai 4 12...more cone area..

Oh really?

OP, how much space do u have? 2 18s will take up around 2x the space of 4 12s in a properly designed enclosure.

Not exactly. You can do 2.5 cubes per 12. I'd do 6.5 cubes Per 18, so 10 cubes - 13 cubes.

Imo 2.5 cubes for ported is pretty big for most of the underground subs, unless if theyre being underpowered...but thats beside the point.

Maybe I was off a little when i said "around 2x," but ill explain my reasoning. I bigger box needs a longer port to achieve the same tuning as a smaller box. Also, a bigger box would require more bracing than a smaller one in order to hold the same weight without flex (theoretically at least)

Thats means that the box for 2 18s would need to have a bigger NET volume while adding more displacements (port and bracing). This would result in much more (for the most part) GROSS volume.

Alright looks like 18" is my best bet, what sub manufacturer and series would you guys recommend, also because the cones are heavier will they be able to hold that complex basslines in dubstep?

For the rockford 1500? My first choice would be an Ascendant Audio Chaos. I believe you could custom order 18" Level 3s from DC too. Hit up dwright or CJ18 for the DC

I wouldnt be trying to give out advice like this when you have hardly any hands on experience with any of the equipment.

yea 2 18s would be the way to go more cone area :yahoo:

UNDER-CONSTRUCTION

''Old School Build''

maybe it sounds like an 18 cause theres 3 fucking "port" holes ghetto drilled in the "box"

190 db when your done?

Yea that's the lowest decibal ill be satisfied with when I'm done like I said its stage one and I lost my job u guys should consider shit instead of just talk it

lmao

Alright looks like 18" is my best bet, what sub manufacturer and series would you guys recommend, also because the cones are heavier will they be able to hold that complex basslines in dubstep?

2 fi ssd 18's would be a decent match for that amp. to be safe i'd go with the fi Q's since rockford amps are underrated.

and as far as the cones go they'd be able to handle dubstep just fine. really the weight difference between the cones is pretty insignificant. woofer cones are made to be lightweight. now if you started getting into the 20"+ range, then there might be a difference, but you shouldn't have to worry about that.

now since your shit got broken into last time, save up some money and put a nice security system in there too :good:

it did have a security system but apparently not enough, im also probable going to bolt the box to the chassis of the car to keep it in for good

sig2small.jpg