Sonic Electronix

Sorry guys... I know this is one of "those" threads. Just tryin to make up my mind before this build starts.

Gonna be running 4 DC lvl 4 18s on a DC 5k. Subs up, port back. Tuned between 32 and 34. I mostly want to have fun with this thing and give demos. Not worried about the meter. Just wanna know if this is gonna be enough for a hairtrick?? I know that is a lot of cabin space..

If not, its gonna get walled haha.

Edit: I know there is no way to know 100% until trying it. I just want your guys' opinions and advice from previous experiences.

Edited by That1Kid

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

I think it would be capable.

There's plenty of people with 2 18s in blazers, explorers and tahoes that are capable of doing hair tricks.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Isn't the expedition the same size as the navigator? Planing on keeping the 2nd row? If so subs up port back is not going to work worth a crap with 18s. Not enough space to do it in a optimal enclosure. Go walled or go 15s.

BTW I was able to hairtrick with 2 L7s 15s and only 2 zx1000.1s out of my Navigator. My Xl 15s do pretty nice now. Enclosure will make or break you.

Edited by J.Reed

They maybe different then the Navi. Mine had a 3rd row. With it gone and a fake floor in its place i get a whopping 16.5 cube gross matching the 2nd row seat angle to gain there and matching seat height at 17.75" tall. I only have 6 inches from box to the back hatch wall. Going taller cuts the airflow forward and IMP rise is higher too.

So finding 8 more cubes just to get ideal net? Then displacements? Not going to happen without a wall or losing 2nd row. Unless as i said it is different then the navi with is the same thing with a different badge lol

Edited by J.Reed

It'd be cool if someone with a similar setup could chime in. Someone with a full size suv, 4 18s 5k rms, subs up/port back.

I've done a lot of searching over the past few days, but all the builds similar to this are running a ton more power.

Edited by That1Kid

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

IM running 4 15s, subs up port back in a Navigator on ONE 3500d.1. Don't know how thats not similar. Less cone and power at that. Hair tricks are no problem at all. I could do hair tricks with 2 L7 15s and only two ZX1000.1s in the same vehicle. As I said before the enclosure will make or brake you. If you have the larger newer expedition you "might" be able to fit 4 18" subs up port back with 2nd row still in, doubt it, but walled or going to 15s would be even better.

I also designed a box for 2 18s in a 4 Runner on 1800rms that can trick all day long. Subs up port back. Again Enclosure WILL make or brake you. If you cram 4 18s with low net and port area its not going to do half as good as doing an OPTIMAL enclosure to what FITS the vehicle.

4 18s and 5k power is more then enough if designed correctly ie enclosure that works well with the equipment or could also be the biggest waist. Sometimes less is more.